The Dolphin Whistle
September 30th, 2015 - Issue 7
Walkathon is now just 9 days away! It is important that all parents understand that this is a very important event for our new PTA and that the pledge money raised by Castro students goes only to Castro PTA. Other money raised at the Walkathon (food and silent auction) will be split between Castro and Mistral: 45% for Castro and 55% for Mistral.
Thank you again to all of the parents who have already volunteered to help make this event a success!
I will be scheduling meetings in October with the parents of students who have been tardy 3 or more times already this year. If you need support to help your child to be on time, please reach out to us and we are happy to help.
ELAC - English Learner Advisory Committee
How is the Walkathon $ Divided?
All of the other money raised on the day of the event - food and silent auction- will be shared:
- 45% for Mariano Castro
- 55% for Gabriela Mistral
If you have any questions about this, please contact me or Fernanda Brant, Co-chair for the Castro/Mistral Walkathon Chair.
Project Cornerstone Volunteers
Ruben de Jesus
Lynn OwanoLouise Lundberg
Guadalupe GuerraSara Kopit
Shannon Gutierrez Brown
Walkathon - 9 Days to Go!
- Look for the signup sheet on the wall behind the Castro office. Every family is needed to volunteer!! If you only have one hour to volunteer it will be greatly appreciated. The proceeds from the WAT go directly to support our children. GO CASTRO SCHOOL PARENTS!!!
- Questions: contact Lizbeth at 650.281.8682.
Continue to Raise Money
- Use your children’s Yellow WAT Sponsor Sheet to encourage your children to raise money for their WAT laps. Record donations and collect money from supporters. If you have lost your yellow sponsor sheet you can get another one in the Castro office.
- Questions: contact Suzanne Strohmaier 408.204.2716.
- Sponsor Sheets and Money Due Friday, October 23
- Goal: $125 per student
Food Donations by Grade
- TK/K - Pasta
- 1st - Fruit
- 2nd - Pupusas
- 3rd - Desserts/Postres
- 4th - Tacos
- 5th Tostadas
- Questions: Contact William Buitron 650.248.1731
- Get your baking groove on and bring your baked goods to the MUR stage Oct 9 in the morning. Examples of bake sale items are; cookies, cupcakes, brownies, banana bread, etc… PLEASE wrap items individually for sale.
Drinks by Grade
- Please provide drink donations. 100% Juice ONLY - NO capri sun–NO glass bottles. Please bring drinks to the MUR stage by OCT 9th in the morning.
- TK/Kinder- One 6-pack of bottle water
- Grade 1- One 6-pack Apple Juice Box
- Grade 2 - One 6-pack Orange Juice Box
- Grade 3 - One 6-pack Grape Juice Box
- Grade 4 - One 6-pack Fruit Punch Juice Box
- Grade 5 – no donation
All are welcome, participants must respect confidentiality.
Monday Oct 5, 2015 7 pm to 9 pm - in the Orchard Community Room, Los Altos Library,
13 S. San Antonio Road, Los Altos 94024. For more information, see www.selpa1cac.org.
Calendar of Upcoming Events
9/30- Wednesday: PTA General Meeting, 6:30pm-8pm, MUR
10/1 – Thursday: Project Cornerstone Meeting, 8:40am-9:40am, Staff Lounge
10/1 - Thursday: Project Cornerstone Meeting, 6:30pm-7:30pm, Room 15
10/1 – Thursday: PIQUE Meeting, 6-8pm, MUR
10/8 – Thursday: MVWSD Board Meeting, 7pm-9pm, DO
10/8 - Thursday: PIQUE Meeting, 6-8pm, MUR
10/9 – Friday: Walkathon
10/12 to 10/16 - Parent-Teacher Conference at Mariano Castro, Minimum Days for Students
10/12 - Monday: Fifth grade field trip to the Marine Science Institute, 7am-12:30pm
10/15 – Thursday: PIQUE Meeting, 6-8pm, MUR
10/16 – Friday: Mismatch Day!
10/20 – Tuesday: ELAC Meeting, 6pm-7:30pm, MUR