Celebrating 60 Years of Education! April 26th Edition
So Much is Happening!
- Tuesday, April 26th @ 7:45AM: Band Rehearsal
- Wednesday, April 27th @ 7:45AM: Orchestra Practice
- Wednesday, April 27th: Kids Care Club Earth Day Event
- Wednesday, April 27th @ 6:30PM (Lenape MS): Bridging the Gap iSmart Parenting
- Wednesday, April 27th-Friday, April 30th: ELA PSSAs (3rd-6th Grades)
- Friday, April 29th: Sixth Grade Yard Sign Orders Due
- Saturday, April 30th: Mustang Muse Submissions Due
- Tuesday, May 3rd @ 7:45AM: Band Rehearsal
- Tuesday, May 3rd @ 3:30PM: Reading Olympics
- Wednesday, May 4th @ 7:45AM: Orchestra Practice
- Thursday, May 5th-Friday, May 6th: Math PSSAs (3rd-6th Grades)
- Thursday, May 5th @ 6:00PM: Learn and Discover 2023 Kindergarten Night
- Friday, May 6th: GHSA Board Nominations Due
- Monday, May 9th: Science PSSAs (4th Grade)
- Tuesday, May 10th @ 7:45AM: Band Rehearsal
- Wednesday, May 11th @ 7:45AM: Orchestra Practice
- Wednesday, May 11th: @ 8:00AM: Student Council Meeting
- Wednesday, May 11th: BMX Bike Assembly
- Thursday, May 12th: 3rd Grade Field Trip to Honey Hollow
- Thursday, May 12th @ 6:30PM: 2nd Grade Music Concert
- Thursday, May 12th @ 7:15PM: 4th Grade Music Concert
- Friday, May 13th: Gayman Picnic Lunch Day
- Saturday, May 14th @ 6:00-8:00PM: Gayman School Dance: Island Paradise
- Tuesday, May 17th: Online Instruction Day - Primary Election Day
- Friday, May 20th @ 7:45AM: Orchestra Practice
- Friday, May 20th: Student Council Roadside Clean Up
- Monday, May 23rd @ 7:45AM: Band Rehearsal
- Monday, May 23rd @ 7:00PM: Band, Orchestra, and Choir Concert @ Tohickon
- Tuesday, May 24th @ 9:00AM: 6th Grade Middle School Orientation
- Tuesday, May 24th: 5th Grade Field Trip to Washington Crossing
- Tuesday, May 24th @ 7:00PM: GHSA General Membership Meeting
- Wednesday, May 25th @ 4:30-7:30PM: Gayman Art Student Showcase
- Thursday, May 26th: Field Day
- Friday, May 27th: No School for Students/ Teacher In-Service Day
- Monday, May 30th: CBSD Schools Closed/Memorial Day
** For all upcoming event dates and times, check the Gayman Calendar on our website.
Congratulations to the Cast and Crew of Moana Jr!
Kids Care Club: Gardening Event
The Gayman Garden Committee and Kids Care Club need your help sprucing up our school's flower beds and gardens.
We will gather after school on Wednesday, April 27th from 3:30 to 5:30 to weed, trim, dig and plant! Come celebrate Earth Day with us, and take good care of Gayman, too! For more information, click here.
The Mustang Muse
To celebrate Gayman Elementary's 60th birthday, the Mustang Muse is looking for essays, stories, and artwork all about Gayman. For submission information, click here.
The submission deadline is April 30th. We can't wait to see your literary talents shine!
Click here to access additional information about the 2022 PSSA testing protocols.
Required Health Examinations
Pennsylvania mandates the following health examinations:
- Physicals: School entry (Kindergarten), grades 6 and 11
- Dentals: School entry (Kindergarten), grades 3 and 7
Parents are urged to have physical and dental examinations completed by their family physician or dentist and submitted prior to October 15th of the year that they are due. Send health forms to Sara Hedges, our school nurse, at email@example.com.
The Pennsylvania Department of Health has the following immunization requirements for students:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis (1 dose on or after 4th birthday) (DTaP)
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given) (IPV)
- 2 doses of measles, mumps and rubella (MMR)
- 3 doses of hepatitis B (Hep B)-properly spaced
- 2 doses of varicella or evidence of immunity (chickenpox)
You may check your child’s school immunization record by logging onto the Parent Portal through the district website or by consulting with your child’s physician. Send records to Sara Hedges at shedges@CBSD.org.
All medication, whether prescription or over-the-counter, must be kept in the health office. Medication must be sent in the original labeled container and must be accompanied by a Medication Dispensing Form signed by both the physician and the parent.
With parent permission indicated on the census verification report, acetaminophen and ibuprofen may be administered according to manufacturer’s suggested dosage. Administration of some specific nonprescription medications is available to all students under the guidelines of the district’s Medical Director. These medications include cough drops, throat spray, antacid tablets, and Neosporin ointment.
Central Bucks reserves the right to exclude children from school based on the criteria:
- Illness that prevents the child from participating in activities.
- Fever (100.4° or higher). Students may not return to school until free of fever without fever medication for 24 hours.
- Diarrhea or vomiting during the previous 24 hours. Student may not return to school until appetite has returned to normal.
- Rash with a fever.
- Other conditions deemed appropriate after assessment by the certified school nurse and/or the staff nurse.
Injuries & Doctor's Note
A doctor’s note is needed for any student that sustains an injury which requires a medical device, such as a cast, splint or crutches.
The doctor’s note should state any restrictions the child has and that they are allowed to attend school with the injury. The note should also state whether the child can participate in gym and/or recess.
School Nurse Contact Information
If your child has any medical needs, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. The staff nurses and I are happy to help!
Sara Hedges MSN, RN, CSN
Click here to access the Gayman Home and School Association page.
Sixth Grade Yard Signs
We are thrilled to work with a local sign shop to create graduation yard signs! Complete the Google Form to place your order and remit payment for $16 by Friday, April 29th.
Submit your payment via Venmo (@Gayman-HomeandSchool), Cash/Check made payable to GHSA. Please note "6th Grade Yard Sign, your child's name & homeroom teacher" on your payment. Once the signs are completed, they can be picked up at school.
Field Day T-shirt
Field day is right around the corner. In preparation for field day, GHSA has arranged a field day t-shirt sale. Similar to the past, we are only offering a white t-shirt option.
Once teams are announced, Feel free to decorate, tie dye or leave the shirt white, it’s completely up to you! The sale will close on Sunday, May 1st. This guarantees shipment from our vendor before field day (May 26th). Click here to ORDER.
Island Paradise Dance Update
The Committee is hard at work planning a night of fun at Gayman Elementary. We are excited to announce that KONA ICE will be attending our event in an effort to truly make you feel as though you are on an island in paradise. KONA ICE accepts cash/credit card/venmo payments.
Please don't forget to sign up and pay ($30 per family) to attend this amazing event. We hope to see you there!
Click here to access the Parent Resource page for the CBSD.
As polices change, the CBSD school board policies will supersede the Gayman Student Handbook.