April 3rd: School News
Can you provide snacks for the AzMerit Testing days? If so, please sign up below:
Still looking for 7 volunteers for field day!
Spring Book Orders:
We will be accepting Scholastic Book Orders until Friday, April 13th.
We do all ordering online:
- Go to scholastic.com/readingclub
- Enter our one-time Class Activation Code
- -Lower school: GK3NJ
- -Upper school: R9G8Y
- Shop and submit your child's book order.
- Your books will be delivered directly to the classroom.
Remember, you help our school earn FREE Books and supplies with every order. Thank you for supporting your child’s reading both at home and in the classroom!
Thanks for your support!
Students in third grade through high school will take the AzMerit assessment in April. This assessment will be computer-based. Students will be tested in ELA (writing & reading) and math.
Attendance is very important. Unless there is an emergency or your child is sick, please make sure your child is on time to school and stays until dismissal. Once your child begins a portion of the test, he/she cannot exit the test until all of the questions have been answered.
AzMerit Testing Schedule
- April 3rd Upper School Writing (5th – 8th)
- April 4th Lower School Writing (3rd- 4th)
- April 5th 8th Grade AIMS Science
- April 10th Upper School Reading & Math Part 1 (5th – 8th)
- April 12th Upper School Reading& Math Part 2 (5th -8th)
- April 16th Lower School Reading & Math Part 1 (3rd-4th)
- April 18th 4th Grade Science
- April 19th Lower School Reading & Math Part 2 (3rd- 4th)
How Parents Can Help
- Ensure your child has eaten a healthy breakfast and is rested for testing day.
- Ensure that your child arrives to school on time and stays until dismissal.
- Encourage your child to give his or her best effort and to maintain a positive attitude.
For information about the AzMerit assessment and sample tests, please visit:
For Questions, Please Contact:
Director: Kelly Pinkerton at 879-2095 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Teacher: BJ Madsen at 879-1702 or email@example.com
Upper School Zoo Field Trip:
Parent coffee and cpa meeting
April 19 at 8:45
After community time at the lower school
Also, we still have school t-shirts available in kids and adult sizes. Please let Sarah Abbott know if you would like to purchase one. They are $12 each. firstname.lastname@example.org
April Lunch Helpers Needed:
Civano Running Club:
Upper School Art
I have been posting new artwork on my Youtube and Facebook pages.
From Vail Pride Day to color sharpie drawings (5&6) to scratchboard drawings . Come take a look when you have a chance.
Upper School Art
Great Paper Airplane Fly-Off at Pima Air and Space:
The Pima Air and space Museum is hosting the 7th Annual Great Paper Airplane Fly-Off on Saturday, April 7, 2018! This is a great way for kids ages 6-14 to have fun and get involved in aeronautics. Please check out the link below for more information:
Mark your calendars:
- April 6th - Cross Country Resumes
- April 6th - Eighth Graders Backpacking Trip
- April 13th - Book Orders Due
- April 13th - Field Day
- April 19th - Upper School Field Trip to the Zoo
- April 26th - The Big Switch for Incoming Kindergarteners
- April 27th - Upper School Karaoke Party and Dance
- April 30th - Volunteer Dessert
- May 3rd - Family Science Day (details TBD)
- May 15th - 18th - 8th Grade Passages
- May 18th - School Movie and Art Showcase
- May 24th - 8th Grade Promotion
- May 25th - Last Day of School (Family Breakfast, Talent Show and Half-Day)