St. George Episcopal Lower School
You are one sixth of the way through the year!
September 28 - October 2, 2015
- MONDAY - Happy BIrthday, Kay! Modification letters due to Yvonne today.
- TUESDAY - Happy BIrthday, Suzanne! Grades to Melissa and modification letters due to Sam by 4:00. Jones' conferences
- WEDNESDAY - Flaig's conferences, Cabello's conferences
- THURSDAY - Report cards online
- FRIDAY - Spirit Day, Blessing of the Animals @ 8:00 a.m.
October 5 -
October 6 - Bostian's conferences
October 7 - Harrison's conferences, Tech Team meeting @3:30 in Computer Lab
October 8 - Dickie's conferences, Long's conferences
October 9 - Senior Kinder to Devine Acres, Yvonne off campus in the afternoon
October 12 - Happy Birthday, Sandra - Take the day off!
October 13 - Class pictures and individual retakes - girls wear jumpers and boys wear slacks, Reddick's conferences, Team leader meeting at 7:30 a.m. in conf. room
October 14 - Class pictures and individual retakes - girls wear jumpers and boys wear slacks, Belitzer's conferences, Happy Birthday, Rob!
October 15 - Ident-a-Kid, Fisher's conferences
October 16 - Middle school dance @ 7 p.m., Happy Birthday, Jennifer!
October 30 - Halloween theme is "Wisdom, Courage, Faith"
- Lesson plans to me by Monday.
- Grades should be recorded within a week of giving the assignment.
- Please make sure you are posting your plans on RenWeb in a timely fashion. Also, please take a few minutes at the end of every day to assure that your homework in RenWeb is accurate for that day.
- Please make sure that you are always keeping your doors locked. If you're upstairs in the Boggus building or in the Greer building and want to have your door open, that is fine, but please keep the lock engaged.
Some of the Great Things I Saw This Week:
- 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade had a reading alignment meeting. Thanks for working together Renee, Sandra, and Elizabeth.
- Keith and Lise Ann graciously agreed to cover 3rd grade classes so that the 3rd grade team can have a few uninterrupted hours to plan for the new 6 weeks.
- I just want to thank all the teams with new members. Mentors and all seasoned St. George pros, thank you for welcoming our new faculty with such grace and kindness. Each of our new teachers has mentioned to me how much they are loving their teams and St. George.
Successes this first six weeks:
- We now have a written scope and sequence for handwriting alignment throughout the lower school.
- We also have a written grading policy for the lower school.
- A math team is working on an enrichment/support plan.
- Our new chromebooks are being used by all the 3rd-5th graders. The teachers are really embracing the technology and the students are taking off when given new opportunities to use the computers.