all the going ons from the #1 class on the 2nd floor
This Week In Learning!
- Reading- This week we will continue working with non-fiction text features. We will look at how we can learn key information from text features. We will continue working on providing text evidence in written responses. We have been working on a R.A.P.S. model when responding to texts. Restate the question, Answer the question, Provide text evidence, Sum up.
- Writing- This week we will continue working on Fiction Narratives. We will be focusing on the same 6 Traits of Strong Writers, as well as thinking about Characters, Settings, and Problem/Solution. We have started planning our stories around problems common Halloween characters might have.
- Math- We will continue to Tell Time to the nearest 5 minutes. We'll also work on telling time by using terms: Quarter Til, Quarter After, and Half Past.
- FUNdations- This week we start Unit 5 and learn the rules for syllable division. We will also work on reading and writing multisyllabic words.
- Science- This week will focus on the water cycle and weather tools. We will also begin some experiments working to making hypothesis to drawing conclusions based on our observations.
- Social Studies- This quarter we will be learning about hoe to read and interrupt maps. Understanding features like keys, grids, compass rose, and symbols.
a splendid time was had by all!!!
Thanks for being so great! Please feel free to contact with any questions or comments!