Did you know that the state of Florida was graded "C' for Financial Literacy? As the study The Stability and Predictive Power of Financial Literacy: Evidence From Longitudinal Data shows financial literacy is a strong indicator of positive financial outcomes for the future.
Here are some quick facts about how lack of financial literacy is affecting Americans:
- According to the Global Financial Literacy Excellence Center (GFLEC), only 57% of adults in the US are financially literate
- According to a National Financial Educators Council (NFEC) survey lack of financial literacy cost Americans more than $415 billion in 2020
- According to a Aspen Institute article 16% of suicides in the US occur in response to a financial problem
- As of 2020 the household debt sits at a total of $14.56 trillion
- The average American household has $145,000 of debt
Feed the Pig, Take the No Spend Challenge
This self-paced challenge is a great way to get your budget “into shape” and to help break bad financial habits! It is intended to bring the focus more on “Needs” and less on “Wants”. All the money that is not spent can be used to “Feed the Pig” (eg. saved).
Personal Finance Tips
- Do you know how much debt you have accumulated? How much in interest are you losing monthly? Make a list of everything you owe. Add up all your credit card balances, personal loans, student loans, and your mortgage.
- Visit annualcreditreport.com, to order your annual credit report, it’d free once a year.
- Review and make a list of outstanding debt. If you see any errors, either inaccuracies or incomplete information, call and correct them.
Create a Budget
- The first step toward taking control of your financial life is to find out how much money you take in and how much you spend.
Keep in mind that a good budget will take a few months to get right, so don’t be hard on yourself your budget will go through some tweaking.
At the beginning of of every month sit down and assign every dollar to something.
This information is meant for educational purposes only and is not intended as financial advice.
DMCC - Your Guide to Debt Freedom
If you live in Florida and have suffered a loss of income or other financial hardship as a result of the Covid pandemic,
WE MAY BE ABLE TO HELP YOU.
We're Here for You
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a benefit program intended to ensure a healthy work environment for all staff. Through a partnership between Pasco County Schools and New Directions (our behavioral health care provider), our employees will have access to enhanced services. These services include counseling and referral for personal or work-related issues, health coaching, legal and financial consultation, and a wealth of online resources. Click here for more info
New Directions Employee Assistance Program
A free confidential tool to help you overcome life challenges and live a happy, balanced life.
Company code is: Pasco
MOFFITT CONNECT Cancer Screening Event
Moffitt Cancer Center is proud to host a Moffitt Connect screening event for its employer partners and their employees.
APRIL 23 | 8 AM - 2 PM
Moffitt Cancer Center, Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation Outpatient Center at McKinley Campus, 10920 N. McKinley Drive, Tampa
You Got Caught
Wellness Champion Amy Selvey has awarded the following people; Melissa Richarz, Kara Owen, Maggie O'Brien, Chrissy Pfeiffer, Kairee Whitmore, Crystal Cook-Myers, and Caitlin Arenal with with the "You Got Caught" award, in recognition for making a commitment to wellness.
Healthy Recipe from MHO
2022 HEALTH & WELLNESS INCENTIVE (HWI) PROGRAM
Pasco County Schools offers incentives for covered employees and retirees who complete their annual Vital Health Profile. This program is voluntary; however, participants must follow the steps outlined here in order to qualify for the 2022 incentive.
Already Completed your VHP?
Work with a My Health Onsite Health Coach to achieve your wellness goals! Talk with your My Health Onsite provider to be enrolled. Employees enrolled in the Pascofit option may be eligible to earn additional incentive rewards by completing up to 2 wellness programs with a Health Coach. More information about the wellness programs through My Health Onsite can be found here.
The HWI 2nd quarter for Pascofit is April 1 - June 30, 2022. Click here for more information.