East Elementary School
"Expecting Excellence Every Day"
Nov. 1st - 1st Grade Field Trip to the State Fairgrounds
Nov. 4th - 2nd Grade Field Trip to Minnetrista
Nov. 4th - Boys Basketball Tryouts until 5pm
Nov. 5th - Boys Basketball Tryouts until 5pm
Nov. 7th - 3rd Grade Music Program @ 6
Nov. 8th - Veterans Day Program @ 9
Nov. 15th - Birthday Breakfast
Nov. 18th - Spell Bowl
Nov. 18th - Skating Party
Nov. 25th - All school to PHHS to see Frozen play
Nov. 25th - Boys Basketball Game @ HSE @ 5:30
Nov. 27th - School Closed
Nov. 28th - School Closed
Nov. 29th - School Closed
Lunch Visitor Procedures/Times
- Lunch visitors arriving before the beginning of the lunches will be asked to wait in the office or the lobby until the start time and then meet their student at the cafeteria.
- If visitors are planning to stay for multiple lunches and there is a gap between start times, please return to the office or lobby and wait until the next lunch begins before returning to the cafeteria.
- Any outside food should be brought for your student only. Please do not bring in extra food to share with other students.
- To protect student rights, cell phones are prohibited from being used to video or photograph students.
- A designated table for lunch visitors may be setup. Visitors and their student only may be asked to sit at this table.
- Breakfast is served each morning from 8:10 a.m.—8:25 a.m. for those students who have pre-paid or have free/reduced lunch status.
- Lunch visitors are always welcome starting September 3rd.
Student Lunch Hours
1st Grade: 10:45
2nd Grade: 11:00
3rd Grade: 11:15
4th Grade: 11:40
5th Grade: 1:00
6th Grade: 12:35
Please write a note to the teacher & bus driver if there are any changes to your student's dismissal plans. If there is an emergency change, please phone the office by 2:30. Please do not leave a voicemail about transportation changes. We can not guarantee we will have time to listen to the message before dismissal.
Important Policies and Procedures
Bus rider students will be dismissed from the busses at 8:10 to enter the building.
Stay-in-Car students will be dropped off at the front doors at 8:10.
Bus rider students will be dismissed to the buses at 3:25
Stay-in-Car students will be dismissed at the front doors at 3:25.
- It is important that students be at school every day and on time. If your student will be late or will not be at school, please call the office by 9:00 a.m. at 765.779.4445 x 3100. If you have not called in, the attendance dialer service will call you to inform you that your student is not at school and that we have not heard from you. To avoid a call, please call your student in.
- If your student arrives after the 8:30 bell or if you need to pick up your student early, please come into the office to sign him or her in or out. Photo ID is required to sign out a student. Only those people listed on the students’ Parent Portal will be allowed to pick up the student.
- Missed Calls from East Elementary: We understand your concern, but if you have a missed call from East, please do not call the office back as we will not know who called you. If Nurse Day calls due to an illness, she will leave a voicemail.
Community Day at the Park
Sunday November 3rd @ 1:00pm
Falls Park - Pendleton IN
To register go to: getmeregistered.com and search "Pendleton"
Click here for the flyer!
Christmas in Pendleton
Christmas in Pendleton
November 9, 2019
Applications for the Snow Queen contest and Cookie Contest can be found at info@PendletonIN.org.
Please join the fun from 9am-4pm downtown, and at 6pm for an old-fashioned Christmas Tree lighting at the Gazebo.
Gingerbread House Workshop
Tuesday, November 19th
Come and join our Gingerbread Artist as she shares ideas for decorating your gingerbread houses. She will give hints, tips, and advice to help you get started. Fun for all ages!
This is a great way to get your start for our annual Gingerbread House Contest sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
Family Reading Night and Stuffed Animal Sleepover
Thursday, November 21st
Bring your family to enjoy an evening at the library.
We’ll read stories, eat snacks, and play games.
When our doors close, you will leave your stuffed animal to have an adventure of their very own at the library.
Pick them up the next day, and see what they were up to while you were away!
(Make sure you choose an animal you can sleep without.)
Holiday Open House & Gingerbread Cottage Contest
Sunday, December 8th, 1-3:30 p.m.
**Two seatings for Silly Safaris show this year
1 p.m. & 2:30 p.m.**
Come out for some holiday fun at the library. Santa and his reindeer are back to help you celebrate. From face painting to crafts, we have fun for all ages!
Come and discover the sweet livin’ happening at the Pendleton Community Library. From sugary hills to gumdrop roads, help us build a community of Gingerbread Cottages that will warm the hearts of our friends and family this holiday season.
Registration for our 3rd Annual Friends’ of the Library Gingerbread Cottage Contest is open between November 9-December 5.
Stop by the Library to pick up a kit and pay your entry fee.
Drop off your houses on December 4th and 5th at the front desk.
Prizes will be awarded after the Holiday Open House on December 8th.
Wanted School Bus Drivers
Driving a school bus is a part-time job, requiring up to 2.75 hours in the AM and up to 2.75 hours in the PM. The school corporation provides support and paid training to help candidates meet the requirements for becoming a certified school bus driver. Substitute bus drivers are especially needed, with the possibility of qualified persons to obtain a regular route within the corporation. Current substitute bus driver rate is $18.25 per hour. Requirements: Must hold, or be willing to obtain, a Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), a Passenger Endorsement, a “S” Endorsement (school bus), and an air brake endorsement.
Please contact Candy Stewart for more information.
South Madison Community School Corporation
203 S Heritage Way
Pendleton, IN 46064
765.778.2152 Ext. 1016