Wade King Elementary
A Note from the Principal
We want to welcome your family back to school! Spending last week with your children and our amazing staff brought us great joy as we watched friends excited to see one another and kindergartners who were ready to be at school, even if their families weren't quite ready to say good-bye. There were many smiles!
We hope you will join us this Thursday night from 6-8 pm for our Curriculum Night. This is a chance for you to learn about the exciting things your child will be engaged in this year.
We are looking forward to a fantastic year and as always, encourage you to reach out to either of us if you ever have questions or concerns. We are here to be sure your child has a great learning experience at Wade King!
Hope to see you Thursday night!
Stephanie Johnson, Principal
Greg Holmgren, Assistant Principal
Important Dates in September
9/2 NO SCHOOL - Labor Day
9/3 Kindergartners Stay All Day
9/5 First Early Release Day - Elementary Day Ends at 12:45 pm
9/5 Curriculum Night for Parents from 6-8pm
9/12 PTA Meeting in the Library (childcare provided)
9/17 GLOBE TROT FUNDRAISER (PTA Sponsored)
9/18 Vision and Hearing Screening in Rm 30 8 am-1 pm
9/20 NO SCHOOL - Staff Learning Day
Welcome Kindergarten Families
We're glad your family is a part of our school community.
Curriculum Night is This Thursday, September 5th from 6-8pm
Curriculum Night is an evening for parents to learn about classroom routines and grade level standards. In addition, Mrs. Johnson, Mr. Holmgren, Mrs. Wakefield, our Specialists, our Special Education Team, and PTA will be sharing school-wide information in the cafeteria.
We are unable to provide childcare, but if you must bring your child(ren) in order to attend, they can stay with you. Please bring something for them to do quietly.
The schedule for the evening is as follows:
- 6:00-6:25 pm - School-wide information session in the cafeteria (repeated at 7:35 pm)
- 6:25-6:55 pm - Primary Classroom Presentations - Intermediate teachers will be in their classrooms for a less formal presentation.
- 7:00-7:30 pm Intermediate Classroom Presentations - Primary teachers will be in their classrooms for a less formal presentation.
- 7:35-8:00 pm School-wide information session in the cafeteria (repeat of 6:00 pm session)
PTA Meeting - Thursday, September 12th from 6-8pm
Childcare will be provided for school-aged children!
We hope to see you there!
Wade King Globe Trot - Tuesday, September 17th
The Globe Trot is our PTA's main fundraiser for the year... and it is an incredibly fun day for our students! Our Globe Trot will be on Tuesday, September 17th! Your student will be bringing home a Globe Trot information page and donation envelope soon.
Our PTA is looking for volunteers for this event! Please volunteer if you can using this link .
This event is the most fun when we have family and friends cheering us on.
If you can, please join us during your child's Globe Trot time.
8:00 -8:45 4th Grade
8:50 - 9:40 1st Grade
9:45 - 10:30 3rd Grade
11:15 - 12:00 Kindergarten
12:10 - 12:55 2nd Grade
1:40 - 2:20 5th Grade
Keep Your Child's Information Current
Throughout the year, you will also receive emails and phone messages from Wade King and from the Bellingham School District. If you haven't already udpated your preferences in Skylert, please do! The directions are below.
REMEMBER: Label Your Child's Coats, Backpack, Lunch Box, and Water Bottle!
Wade King PTA has a Help and Hope Committee that helps provide snacks for students who are unable to bring a snack from home. There are several ways you can help!
- Donate goldfish crackers, graham crackers, or pretzels during our Snack Drive, which has been extended through this week! (These are the only snack items we collect because they are free of nut allergens).
- If you can, be sure your child has a snack in his/her lunchbox or backpack so that he/she does not need a snack from school.
Drop Off Loop & Parking at Wade King
If you have dropped off or picked up your child, you know our parking lot is a busy place before and after school. Here are some important tips to help keep traffic moving and to keep our students safe!
- During pick up and drop off times, always walk on the sidewalks (rather than walking across the drop off loop) to model safety for our kids.
- THANKS for yielding to our buses so they can drive into the school driveway and bus loop without waiting.
- If you want to get out of your car, park in the parking lot and walk on the sidewalks up to the school.
- If you chose to use the pick-up/drop-off loop, stay in your car, in line, and continue moving up as the line moves forward. Our staff will have your child wait at the sign and help your child get into your car when you are in front of the school. Our goal is to keep this loop moving and keep our kids safe!
- The gate on the Yew Street Road side of the school, near the fire station, is unlocked during the school day! You can park in the gravel parking lot by the fire station and walk up along the school to avoid the school parking lot.
Stay In Touch... LIKE US... FOLLOW US...
Stay Connected on Social Media...
How many LIKES and FOLLOWERS can we get?
On Twitter, FOLLOW US at WadeKingEl