Romeo And Juliet
By: Elaina, Josh, Haley, Natasha, and Sydney
Escalus is the prince of Verona and wants the feud between the Montagues and the Capulets to stop so that Verona can live in peace. The prince is related to Mercutio and Paris. The prince is a static character.
Friar Laurence is a priest and is a master with herbs. He marries Romeo and Juliet behind their families backs and is one of the main causes of their deaths. Friar Laurence is a man that is highly looked up to in Verona. Laurence is a dynamic character because toward the end of the play you start to see how he really only worries about himself. The Friar tells the story of what happened but is still considered a holy man.
The Apothecary doesn't really have a lot of time in the story. The apothecary is a very poor man that sells potions. He sells the poison to Romeo which he uses to kill himself. THe Apothecary is a static character.
We have the theme development choice of Fate. We agree with the theme of Romeo and Juliet is fate. Throughout the entire play many events happen leading us to believe that Shakespeare's lesson or theme is fate. Some of those events include...
- Act 1, Prologue, Line 4; "Where civil bloods makes civil hands unclean." This line foreshadows and tells us that the hatred between the families will make other things happen.
- 1.1.3; Romeo says "Out of her favor where I am in love" It is fate that they can't be together, but it is also fate that they will be together.
- 1.2.12; "Younger than she are happy mothers made." Paris and Juliet were suppose to be together, but Romeo and Juliet were meant to be together *fate*.
- 3.1.93; Romeo says "The hurt can not be much." The hurt is a lot, because the were meant to be together, so he must be hurt if that was meant to be.
- 5.1.18; "Her body sleeps in Capel's monument." Tis is Balthasar who told Romeo that Juliet was dead *false*. Then Romeo took action, this was all fate.
To conclude we believe it is fate that the Montages and Capulets hate each other, that Romeo and Juliet meet each other at the ball, that Tybalt dies and that Romeo and Juliet die. It is all fate.
Act 1: The setting is given and the plot is revealed, two families hate each other and one of their children from each side love each other. Romeo is sad that he can't get Rosaline and then finds Juliet and falls in love with her, but she is a Capulet and he is a Montague.
Act 2: Romeo and Juliet plan to get married so they plan the secret wedding and then they get married.
Act 3: Mercutio is killed by Tybalt who is then killed by Romeo. Then Romeo is banished for killing Tybalt.
Act 4: Juliet is depressed,so Friar Lorence gives her a potion that will make her seem dead and he will send a letter to Romeo about this plan.
Act 5: Romeo and Juliet both kill themselves and the family's end their feud between each other.