April 11 - 15
Dates to Remember
For planning purposes and to help everyone be aware of ALL the events, I have included everything I currently have on the calendar for the rest of the school year. Please check regularly for updates or possible changes.
4/13 - Unveiling of Music Garden @ 4:00 pm
4/14 - Kinder Graduation pictures in the PD room
4/21 - McDonald's PTA Spirit Night
4/22 - Character Assembly
- 3rd & 4th @ 8:15
- 1st & 2nd @ 9:00
- Kinder @ 9:45
4/26 - 1st grade field trip to the U.S. Bureau of Engraving
4/29 - Volunteer Breakfast
4/29 - Spring Fling 5:00 - 8:00 NEW DATE
5/2 - 5/6 is STAFF APPRECIATION WEEK
5/3 - Kinder Spring Orientation @ 6:00 pm
5/6 - Muffins with Mom
5/6 - PTA Staff Appreciation Luncheon
5/9 - 3rd & 4th graders take STAAR Math Test -3rd & 4th graders can also go to the cafeteria and receive a FREE BREAKFAST. Thank you, Sodexo!
5/10 - 3rd & 4th graders take STAAR Reading Test -3rd & 4th graders can also go to the cafeteria and receive a FREE BREAKFAST. Thank you, Sodexo!
5/12 - PTA Spirit Night @ Chick Fil-A
5/16 - at 6:30 p.m. in KHES Cafeteria-Bucket Drummers, Honor Choir, and 4th grade Recorder Concert
5/17 - 4th graders visit BCI @ 9:00
5/17 - CEIC Meeting @ 3:30
5/19 - All Pro-Dads @ 7:00 am
5/19 - 4th grade @ Play Day - Keller HS
5/19 - Kindergarten Field Trip - Omni Theater
5/19 - Choir & Bucket Drummers perform at the KISD Art show and reception at Keller Town Hall @ 4:45
5/23 - 5/26 - Talent Show
5/25 - Keller PD "Special Olympics" Torch Run (more details to come)
5/26 - 4th grade Fine Arts Field trip - Amon Carter Museum
5/27 - KHES Field Day
5/30 - Memorial Day Holiday/No School
6/1 - Kindergarten graduation @ 8:30 am
6/2 - 4th grade graduation @ 8:00 am
6/2 - Early Release Day/Last Day of School
6/3 - Teacher Work Day
Spring Meeting Dates
April 14 - Faculty Meeting to discuss Instructional Rounds & Problem of Practice
April 21 - Team Leader meeting & Volunteer Breakfast committee planning meeting
April 28 - STAAR Training
May 5 - Additional STAAR Training (e.g. oral administration)
May 12 - Ice Cream Social in PD room
May 19 - Faculty Meeting: KHES goals for 16-17
May 26 - Work on Class Placement
Topics listed above MAY change. I have not been given a date as to when Leadership will be coming over to discuss your feedback with you about next year's Principal.
COWBOY HEART @ WORK RECOGNITIONS
- Tamara has worked extra hard with the bucket drummers and honor choir and it showed off in their music performance at KHS! Great job, Tamara!
- Kirsten graciously stepped up to cover gym duty when crosswalk needed to be filled. Thanks for adding one more thing with a smile!
- Sarah has stepped up to take on extra morning duty time. Thanks fo ralways saying "yes" and helping out with a smile.
- Jenni has been so helpful with my grant purchases, signing for packages, and delivery. Thanks for taking care of me!
- Paula W. has once again stepped up to fill an open spot. She has taken over crossing guard duty with a smile. Thanks for always giving a little bit more!
- Being a long term sub is hard but starting after Spring Break is worse. Carol has taken over her class as if she has been part of KHES forever. Thanks for the great job you are doing.
- Kaye is so fabulous at keeping our library stocked with great books for our students AND teachers. Thank you for the new books!
- Thanks to Rich for installing the Musical Meadow sign in the garden. I appreciate your help with the project.
We were not able to finish the blacktop. We still have to do some touch up on the new paint and then draw/paint Hopscotch Alley. The backstop proved to be a little more time consuming than expected so the men working on that will be coming back. We also split up the trees...three around each playground instead of the original plan of having all 6 around the 3rd-4th playground.
We do need your help. Please make sure that the kids are NOT hanging on or doing anything to the newly planted trees.
Please enjoy the new picnic tables under the trees. They were put there for your enjoyment during our beautiful spring-like weather. Dr. Reid and I were lucky to be the ones to put them together. :)
Justin Koons, Rotary Club
This was not completed. The poles were not placed at equal lengths so each piece will have to be customized to fit.
One is painted red and the other is blue
District News & Events
Keller Harvel Elementary - KISD
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Text @khes to the number 81010
Weather closings or JEANS DAYs!
CHS Interact Group
Sponsored by the Rotary Club
They will be adding more graphics inside each square.
Goals are anchored. Students may NOT hang from the poles & netting will need to come down when not in use. When a community team wants to use the goals, they will be asked to bring their own nets.
Trees around K-2 Playground
Trees around 3-4 Playground
Dr. Reid and I worked side by side to put these together. The first one took about 45 minutes! The last two went much faster. :)