News from Room 323
Mrs. Reed's Classroom News
Week of September 19, 2016
What Are We Learning?
- Reading- Compare/Contrast Traditional Fairy Tale to Contemporary Version, Retelling, Sequencing
- English Language Arts- Common and Proper Nouns, Singular and Plural Nouns
- Math - Place Value (Modeling Numbers, Ways to Write a Number, Reading Numbers) and Comparing Numbers
- Science - States of Matter and Science Processes
- Social Studies - Americans Who Demonstrated Individualism and Inventiveness
I was not at school on Friday, because of a sick child. I am having the sub collect the check lists and I will tally them and send out a remind on Monday letting you know how many points they earned. If they earned their 100 points we will celebrate with free time on Monday, so they don't miss it because I was gone.
Math and Reading Homework
Also because I wasn't here we did not do a word study test. I did not want to leave it to the sub to do, because it was the first time. We will be doing a quiz this coming Friday. After talking with you as parents and because I want what is best for my students, we will be lowering the word count on their lists. We will gradually build in more words as the year progresses. I also sent the link this week for how to do word study homework. If you would like it again, please let me know.
Picture Day! - Tuesday
Watch D.O.G.S Kick Off
Thursday, Sep. 22nd, 6pm
1513 Sequoia Drive
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
September 20 - Picture Day
September 21 - Athletes for Literacy
September 22 - Watch Dog Kick Off and Pizza Party
October 7 - No School - Campus Planning Day
October 10 - No School