A 4 Week Presentation on a Volcano
- At the current moment we do have any organisations protecting the Mauna Loa
- A reason to protect the Mauna Loa is because it is an ancient artefact to the world, it is the biggest volcano in the world and the most active
- One thing we might have to think about is a organisation protecting people from the Mauna Loa as this is one of the most active volcano's in the world
Animals/fauna that live on the Mauna Loa contain of pigs, goat, sheep, cattle, kipuka, apapane, amakihi, i‘iwi, akepa, akiapola‘au, Hawai‘i creeper, oma‘o and elepaio
Plants/flora that are native or can be seen on the Mauna Loa include of koa, mamane, hue pueo grass, pukiawe, and aalii mamane, nalo, pukiawe, aalii, and ohelo scattered mosses, silversword, and Hawaiian bent grass
The Ainapo Trail is the first-known trail to go up to the summit of Mauna Loa. It is hundreds of years old and was build by ancient Hawaiians who used to to bring offerings to Pele. Pele worshipers built small huts and shelters for rest along the course of the trail.
- The main development for the Mauna Loa is for scientists to observe and predict the eruption. This is mainly because of how it is less active then before, making this a scare
Quiz Quiz Quiz!!!
- List two plants that are on the Mauna Loa?
- What type of Volcano is the Mauna Loa?
- What Ocean is the Mauna Loa surrounded by?
- What state is the Mauna Loa located and what country is it found?
- List four animals found on the Mauna Loa?
- What trail was first known to go up the Mauna Loa?
- What did ancient Hawaiians to when they traveled up the Trail?
- What did the ancient Hawaiians worship?