Personal Project 2019
10th Grade MYP @Hillsboro High IB World School
This is a live document that will be edited and added to as the lessons are presented. Continue to check back to stay up to date.
FINAL REPORT SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
You will have this semester to complete the Personal Project. Each Criterion will be assessed on the given dates.
Personal Project Academic Honesty Form 3 dates TBD
Process Journal Checks Due Weekly Starting October
Criterion A: Investigate
Criterion B: Planning
Project Proposal: Due November 7th.
Criterion C: Taking Action
Process Journal Check
Criterion C PowerPoint Review Due TBD
Project Presentation February 7th, 2020
Paper Due March (TBD)
Personal Project Fair for Community Partners is February 7th!
Things you will need
- You can keep blog or digital Process Journal to support your process journal in class.
Annotated Bibliography (Cite and annotate at least 5 sources)
- Primary Sources (Pictures, interviews, etc.)
- Secondary Sources (database articles, etc)
- Tri-Fold Board
Process Journal Checklist NEW***
- Black 3 Ring Binder Provided to all 10th Grade students.
- Binder stays in class and is to be checked out by student from teacher if you need to work on it at home.
- Shows the books you've read, checked out
- Shows the resources you've found and discussed what you've learned
- Any interviews or help you are receiving from outside agencies.
- Drawings, graphs, pictures, models, etc.
Review this checklist to make sure that you are on track!
Be Sure to Date Each Entry!
What is a Personal Project
- It a problem, you see, or you have.
- It's something you want to learn.
- It is something you want to help.
- It's something that you are passionate about and you build a plan around that passion.
Watch this video from another school on how they explained Personal Projects. Note the date, use of Managebac, & the email attached do not relate. (Manabac is a tool that you will use if you pursue the IBCP or IBDP diploma your Junior year.
Make a list of things that interest you.
Criterion C:Taking Action
Checklist for Criterion C
- Some of the Pictures that will be used for your presentation in December.
- Show the process of the project
- Be able to communicate a 5 minute speech about what your project is about. The presentation will happen with your PLT Teacher
- Include citations that you currently have collected.
Criterion D: Reflecting
Personal Project Fair
What will Project Fair Day Look Like?
- You must have a project to present or attend
- Tables spread out for presentation boards.
- Mac Lab (Flex Lab to the right) for Video or Power Point Presentations
- Magnets or tape to hold up Printed Posters or Created Posters on Bookshelves
- Students stay at their presentation and their presentation being judged by community partners & guest.
- Some classes coming down to see your projects.
- Best in Show & Learner Profile Award presented for each Group.
REMINDERS FOR PROJECT FAIR
BE READY TO PRESENT:
- Product is finished
- You aren't still printing pictures or pages to build project
- You have necessary supplies to present
- You have listed in your project:
- Project Title
- Global Context
- What Part of Global Context
- Your Sources Listed and cited using MLA 8
- PROCESS JOURNAL
- Stay in your space and do not disturb or distract other presentations
- Stay positive when encouraging others in their work
- No offensive language! We are professionals presenting to outsiders. Use your best manners!
- Clean up after yourself
- Dress in your professional best!
- Present with confidence
- NO TYPOS! Please check your spelling!