News From Our 5th Grade Classroom 2/19/16
What's Happening in the Classroom
Notes from the Teacher
The following is our Schedule for the ISTEP Part 1 Applied Skills. Please note the dates and times-please try not schedule any appointments during these times. Thank you!
Tuesday March 1 Math 10:00-11:00
Wednesday March 2 ELA 10:30-11:30
Friday March 4 ELA 10-12
Monday March 7 Social Studies 10-10:30
We are out of classroom dry erase markers. Any donations would be greatly appreciated for the students.
Save the Date! The Central Elementary Music program will be Tuesday, April 12, at 7:00 p.m. Mr. Meyer, the music teacher, will send a more formal letter home at a later date.
Cookies and Coffee for Soldiers!
Student Council's next project for February and March:
- Central School is collecting 1 pound bags of coffee and packaged cookies from Friday, Feb 17-Friday, March 18.
- The Military Support Group in Indianapolis will box them and prepare all the labels and forms.
- You can help by donating coffee (1 pound bags of ground coffee) and cookies (packaged varieties of all kinds in boxes or tins).
- Leave your donations on the table by the cafeteria starting Friday, February 17.
- Thank you for helping us send the troops a little taste of home!
In math, we will continue working in Unit 6-Fractions/Percents/Decimals. We will work on decimals-adding, subtracting, comparing, and looking at the relationship between decimals and percents.
In Writing, we will be working on test- taking strategies to prepare for ISTEP.
During Reading, we will work on a Reader's Theater, word study, and complete some Science lessons.
In Social Studies, we will continue ISTEP prep revising some topics that we have learned about this school year. We will also watch review videos on BrainPop and Discovery Education.
Spelling List for This Week
Dates to Remember
March 1-Begin ISTEP Testing
March 7-My last day before maternity leave
March 21-25 Spring Break