The 4C's in the Classroom
What are the 4C's?
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Creativity & Innovation
The History and Importance of the 4C's
- The History of P21
- Partnerships in Development
- 3R's with the 4C's
- Old skills to New skills
How do we define Communication?
- Articulate thoughts and ideas effectively using oral, written, and nonverbal communication skills in a variety of forms and contexts
- Listen effectively to decipher meaning, including knowledge, values, attitudes, and intentions
- Use communication for a range of purposes (e.g. to inform, instruct, motivate, and persuade)
- Use multiple media and technologies, and know how to assess impact and their effectiveness a priori
- Communicate effectively in diverse environments (including multilingual and multicultural)
National Education Association. (2014). Preparing 21st Century Students for a Global Society, 14. NEA Education Policy and Practice Department. Accessed March, 4, 2014.
How do we integrate Communication into the Classroom?
Discuss with your PLC ways that you have incorporated this type of skill?
Discussion with the group?