Margaret Cochran Corbin
Be Bright, Vote for What's Right!
Brave, Bold, Brilliant
Acts as to why you should Vote for Margaret Corbin
- She followed her husband to the militia after he volunteered.
- She cooked, did laundry and helped the sick while she was serving.
- Her husband was wounded while firing a cannon, but when he was shot she took over the cannon.
- She was respected until her death because of her courageous acts.
- She was the last to stop firing in the American Revolutionary War.
- She kept firing even after she was wounded.
- She was the first women to receive a pension for her military service.
VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!!!
- After she fought and was injured she could no longer use her left arm.
- She has a monument in New York.
- She died prior to her fiftieth birthday.