What is Homeschooling?
The education of children at home by their parents. Some of the main reasons that parents decide to home school their children are: spending more time with the children, children are not ready to be in a classroom full of students, the child may have a chronic illness that requires them to stay at home, and parents want to teach their children life skills.
Pros of Homeschooling
- educational freedom
- closer family relationships
- stability during difficult times
- well rested children
- no busy work
- flexible hours
Cons of Homeschooling
- time and financial restraints
- parents being home with their kids 24/7
- limited team sports
- children make have a reduce social life or even lack one
- the children live outside the norm
- should children enroll in the public education system in the future, they may struggle with the curricular because they may have not been taught the standard curriculum by their parents.