Capital of Belmopan
- Government type: Parliamentary Democracy.
- Literacy: 92% Work Force: 65, 000, Agriculture 30%, Industry and Commerce 27%, Services 250%, Government 16%, Unemployment 15%.
- Population: There are approximately 170,000 people in Belize, one-half of whom live in cities and towns along the coast.
- Religions: Roman Catholic 62%, Protestant 30% (Anglican 12%, Methodist 6%, Mennonite 4%, Seventh-Day Adventist 3%, Pentecostal 2%, Jehovah's Witnesses 1%, other 2%), none 2%, other 6%.
- Languages: English (officially), Spanish, Maya, Garifuna (Carib).
- Belize borders the Caribbean Sea along the eastern shore of Central America just below the Yucatan Peninsula.
- The climate is sub-tropical. Belize, only 8,867 square miles in size,is situated on the northeast coast of Central America.
- The first people to develop Belize were the Maya
- Belize became a Colony of British Honduras
- Belize is the only country in Central America where English is the official language.
- Belize has one of the lowest population densities in the world
- The Belize dollar is linked to the American dollar two to one
Belize, Belize- Patriotic Song, Ferron