New Insights on the Teenage Brain
With Mike Nerney ... Back by popular demand!
Presented by Parent University, Saratoga Springs High School PTSO and Maple Ave PTSO
Wednesday, March 13th 2013 at 7-9pm
Maple Avenue Middle School, Trombley Auditorium
An updated presentation for parents, teachers, and coaches
After last year's packed house and rave reviews, nationally renowned speaker Mike Nerney is returning to Saratoga to share the latest on the teenage brain.
As new research shows the unique character of the adolescent brain, we have a better chance than ever to help teens navigate this uniquely challenging time of life. Learn more about:
- The best way to talk to teens and pre-teens
- Gender differences and communication
- Parenting for academic success
- Managing boundaries and consequences
- Teens and thrill-seeking behaviors
- Supporting teens to seek positive risks
Expect to come out of this presentation with a better understanding of the pre-teen and teenage brain, and more effective strategies for communicating with kids.