Technology Tips and Tools #9
Get scores from assessments instantly with this app
Grade multiple choice tests, quizzes, and assessments instantly in the classroom by using your Android device's camera as a grading scanner. ZipGrade is a grading app that makes grading effortless while capturing, storing, and reporting with useful data on assessments. No need to wait for the Scantron machine or sheetfed scanner to grade papers quickly.
Students receive immediate feedback and can see their score on a test as soon as they're done. Teachers can have all of their multiple-choice grading done before the next class starts. Based on teacher feedback over the last year, numerous options are available to customize ZipGrade to meet different classroom needs.
ZipGrade for Android/PC
ZipGrade for Mac
* Works without internet connectivity. Data will sync whenever a connection is found (optional).
* Uses student ID numbers or written name of student for reporting.
* Knows when a paper is in viewfinder and sufficiently in focus to grade. No buttons to press while grading!
* Students may use pen or pencil. Handles erasures and white out well.
* Combination answers of up to 3 letters allow for up to 31 answers for each question-- great for matching portions!
* Companion website (www.zipgrade.com), allows additional functionality and reporting once a free ZipGrade Cloud user is created:
- Secure backup of all graded papers and data
- Import Student Rosters
- Manage Student and Class Information
- Export Quiz results to CSV or PDF formats
- Download answer sheet packs by class with student information pref-filled
1. Select from multiple answer sheet forms and sizes at ZipGrade.com. Download and print as many copies as you wish.
2. Within the ZipGrade app, press 'New Quiz'
3. Press 'Edit 'Key'. Enter your answer key or scan an answer sheet acting as a key
4. Press 'Scan Papers' to start scanning papers:
* Hold paper on flat surface and align the 4 corner squares in the 4 viewfinders.
* ZipGrade will automatically focus and identify when paper is readable.
* The app will vibrate when paper is graded and provide an instant summary (with links for more detail).
* No buttons to push, leaving your other hand free to turn to the next paper.
* View actual images of scanned papers and make any manual corrections (ie student's crossout out inked circles) in 'Review Papers'
* Get a view of how the entire class did in 'Item Analysis'. Item Analysis includes a drill-through to see alternative answers and which students gave those answers.
* Export results as PDF reports (to print and hand back or post) or CSV files to upload to your gradebook.