Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD)
What is this drug?
3. Mellow Yellow
Effects and dangers of the drug
- Acute anxiety and depression
- Flashbacks days and months after
- Elevated heart rate
- Dilated pupils
- Higher body temp and increased blood pressure
2. In this same year, 1/15 of these teens were recorded using the drug more than once
3. in 2009, usage rates dropped to 799,000
4. 12.1 young adults have used LSD in their lifetime
5. 4.3 percent of sexual assaults take place when a victim is using LSD
6. More than 3 million people over of age of twelve to twenty-five used LSD in 2008
7. 2/3 of the users of LSD say they were beaten as children
8. LSD addiction costs Americans over 484 billion dollars a year
Questions from original handout
A- When you are offered drugs and know it;s the wrong thing to do, you have to be the person you know you are and do your absolute best to prevent yourself from taking them. When you are faced with peer pressure, stand up for yourself or make excuses to leave the situation.
Q- What do I do if I hear kids are doing drugs in my school?
A- As a member in EDGE, I know to notify an adult because it's more of a teacher to student situation rather than student to student. These types of events could affect the whole school, though so I would advise to notify an adult.