Team Tortorello Newsletter
1st Grade Sherwood
Important Dates and Information
Tuesday, February 4: 100th Day of School Celebration
Saturday, February 8: PTO Carnival 11-2 PM
Friday, February 14: No School - Institute Day
Monday, February 17: No School - Presidents' Day
Friday, February 28: Early Release at 1:36 PM
Hip, Hip, Hooray! It's the 100th Day!
iRead Week 2
We are rocking the iRead! We read over 4,000 minutes this week to keep the trophy!! Our class total for both weeks is over 7,000. Every minute counts!! Thank you for supporting your reader at home and helping them see how fun reading can be. On to week 3!
Valentine's Day Celebration
Questions To Ask Your Child
- Can you tell me some facts about penguins?
- Can you add short e words to this list? test, belt, net...
- Can you add long e words to this list? theme, eve... (we did discuss ee / ea vowel teams)
- Can you skip count forward by 10s? Start at 0... Start at 4... Start at 6...
- Who will win the traveling trophy next week?