Teachers on Twitter? You Betcha!
Build a PLN, showcase your learning space, change the WORLD!
Using Twitter supports student and teacher standards
Digital citizenship Students understand human, cultural, and societal issues related to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior.
a. Advocate and practice safe, legal, and responsible use of information and technology
b. Exhibit a positive attitude toward using technology that supports collaboration, learning, and productivity
c. Demonstrate personal responsibility for lifelong learning
d. Exhibit leadership for digital citizenship
The teacher exhibits a commitment to professional ethics and the school’s mission, participates in professional growth opportunities to support student learning, and contributes to the profession.
The teacher communicates effectively with students, parents or guardians, district and school personnel, and other stakeholders in ways that enhance student learning.
1. Let's Get Started!
- Create an account (or dust off an old one!)
- Unfollow all typically suggested Twitterers
-home and garden, etc
- Upload a photo of yourself
-be easily identified
-use a current photo
- Write a short bio - be sure to include
- your content area and or grade level
- your professional and educational interests
- that you work for Savannah-Chatham County Public Schools
- your school site (maybe even their Twitter handle)
2. Connect with teachers, co-workers, content experts, publishers, etc
Develop a Personal Learning Network-
Start by searching for and following great people
- Follow other education experts, publishers, and developers. Expand your learning network
- Follow inspirational people who help us stay focused on our craft and the students we teach
- Follow your ITC, your district, your school
- Follow your favorite news channel and newspaper
3. Engage in the Twitterverse!
Activate your #PLN by completing the Twitter Challenge
You're about to
GOAL TWO: Market your Learning Space
1. Tweet about your classroom, projects, student showcase, standards mastery.
3. Embed your Twitter Feed on your Website
Update your classroom web-page by adding Twitter feed - TEACHER TIME SAVER!
GOAL THREE: Change the World!
What's your plan?
Once your brain, soul, or mind is fueled.....STOP
Unfollow any annoying accounts
Follow new experts
Celebrate a great event
Get back to