InTheLoop - April 22, 2016
BCS Lumberton's Weekly News - Editor, D. O'Brien
- J. Kamau, Principal
- M. Castellane, Supervisor of Education
- R. McGill, Secretary
Using Movies to Increase Engage Students in the Learning Process
PARCC TESTING - 2016
The PARCC assessments are aligned to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and were created to measure students' ability to apply their knowledge of concepts rather than memorizing facts. The PARCC assessments require students to solve problems using mathematical reasoning and to be able to model mathematical principles. In English Language Arts (ELA), students will be required to closely read multiple passages and to write essay responses in literary analysis, research tasks and narrative tasks. The assessments will also provide teachers information on student progress to inform instruction and provide targeted student support.
April 18 to 22
1. The Marking Period 3 Awards Ceremony will be held this coming Monday, April 25 from 10am to 11am in the cafeteria.
2. PARCC testing will begin next week.
3. Core teachers: please administer the ABC survey to all of your students during 5th period on Monday (April 25). CA teachers: Ms. Kelly will direct you on how to administer the survey. Thank you.
4. Administrative Professional's Day is April 27th.
Find Your Field - Career Corner
Challenge and expect more
Your students need to feel like their brains hurt when leaving your class. Sort of like when you work muscles in the gym and you become sore. Make the work rigorous!
Why should the students be interested in this lesson/activity or project? Make connections that are relevant to their lives.
This is being done well @Lumberton. We know that this piece is critical to reaching the diverse and unique population of students we serve.