The Bengal BEAT
Meadow Lane Bengals Weekly Update: January 12th
MLE Office Hours 8:30-4:30
Life @ the Lane
Looking to give back to our school community through your time & talent? Here's your opportunity. If you'd like to volunteer at Meadow Lane, the district has a short, required training video. Please take a minute to watch this short video.
Once you've finished, please complete the linked Form. This is a yearly form, so even if you've completed it in the past, you will need to complete it for the 21-22 school year. You will not be able to volunteer without this form on file!
Dr. J & Mr. Fritz
Looking for a way to share a Meadow Lane SHOUT OUT? Use this link to celebrate and appreciate our #MLEProud teachers and staff. Make a conscious effort to notice when someone is doing good work and let them know you are proud of their contributions to our school. We will share your praise with our team each week.
Excellence in Teaching
Nominations have opened for the R-7 Teacher of the Year and the Chamber of Commerce Excellence In Teaching Awards. Students, parents, and staff members may nominate any teacher, library media specialist, or counselor who has worked for the R-7 District at least five years.
This year, we're accepting nominations in multiple ways!
- Nominate completely online through our online form.
- Complete a fillable nomination form and email the completed form to Jessica Morris at email@example.com
- Print and complete the form in writing and mail/deliver to the Stansberry Leadership Center, Attention: Jessica Morris
Our deadline this year is Monday, January 31, 2022. For reminders about eligibility, please view these FAQs or read the attached press release. More information about the TOY program can be found on our website.
Twelve Excellence In Teaching winners and up to three Teachers of Distinction will be recognized and the Teacher of the Year will be revealed at an April 13, 2022 Chamber of Commerce reception/presentation, starting at 4:30 p.m.
Dates & Reminders
Happening this Week
Tuesday, January 11th
- Papa John's Night
Friday, January 14th
- One hour late start
January 17th & 18th No School
January 25th PTA Meeting
February 3rd Spring Pictures
Outdoor Recess: Our students head outside for recess anytime temperatures & wind chill are at or above 20 degrees. Bundle up, Bengals!
Dismissal Safety Measures
MLE's common procedures to ensure our students and staff remain safe, especially during our busy dismissal time.
1. Any changes in transportation must be called into the front office no later than 2:30 each day. This allows our staff time to share the message with teachers and other adults tasked with supervision.
2. When picking up a student directly from the office, we ask that you arrive no later than 3:50. After that time our busses begin to arrive and students have already prepped for dismissal. Please plan ahead if you need your child(ren) early for any reason.
3. Students will only be released to a guardian in a vehicle in the car rider location. We cannot release a student to walk with a guardian when in the car rider area.