A newsletter for families and friends of iAcademy @ AES!
sand·box - ˈsan(d)ˌbäks/
1. NORTH AMERICAN - a shallow box or hollow in the ground partly filled with sand for children to play in.
2. COMPUTING - a safe place to create, collaborate, and test your ideas.
April 25, 2019
A Note from Ms. Davis
It's official! The ACS Board is planning to build a new school for Athens Elementary! We will be moving to a temporary campus (at the old AMS on Forrest Street) over the summer so that this building can be torn down and the new site prepped for new construction.
More details about the specifics of how we will transition to the temporary campus will be coming soon.
We have a busy close of school ahead of us. Please check out the calendar of events and ordering deadlines for our yearbook, supply kits, and field day shirts below.
If I can assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to call or come by.
Field Day Order Form - Due May 3rd!
FUN AROUND CAMPUS!
The LIMO Riders!
Good luck testing, 3rd grade!
2019 YEARBOOK SALES ARE UNDER WAY!
- 40 color pages
- a softcover
- made with the help of student editors
- full of pictures and memories
- a limited number of copies
- $20 per yearbook - checks are payable to AES
Order forms can be picked up in the office.
6-10 Teacher Appreciation Week
7 3rd grade trip to downtown - ARS Celebrate Alabama event
8 Progress Reports go home
9 2nd grade trip to downtown - ARS Celebrate Alabama event
12 Mother's Day
13 AR Party
15 Elementary Academy Lottery
16 AR Day
17 Field Day
27 Memorial Day Holiday
29 2nd grade trip to the McWane Center
30 PreK Celebration
3 Awards Day
Summer School will be June 17-20 and 24-27
Kinder Kamp will be July 29 - August 1
WE NEED HELP!
Have you seen something like this in your child's backpack?
Kindergarten Supply List
First Grade Supply List
Second Grade Supply List
Third Grade Supply List
Fourth Grade Supply List
School begins at 7:45 a.m. Students are tardy at 7:50 a.m.
Publix will donate funds to AES!
Thank you to WOW! for helping fund our INNOVATION LAB!
Thank you to our school partner, Lawler's Barbecue, for your support!
ATHENS CITY SCHOOLS FOUNDATION NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT!
Please consider setting up AmazonSmile. When you choose smile.amazon.com and select the Athens City Schools Foundation, Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to the Foundation.
It's very easy:
1. Login in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser.
2. On your first visit to smile.amazon.com, you will be prompted to select your charitable organization. You may have to type in Athens City Schools Foundation and then make the selection.
That is it! From then on, a portion of your purchases made using that login will be donated to the Athens City Schools Foundation.