Lord of the Flies
by: Herb Walker
"I ought to be chief," said Jack with simple arrogance, "because I'm chapter chorister and head boy. I can sing C sharp." (1.229-231). this quote shows how arrogant jack is and how hungry he is for power and how he wants to be the all powerful ruler. he has no real reason why he should be leader besides the fact that he just simply wants to lead.
"Piggy, for all his ludicrous body, had brains. Ralph was a specialist in thought now, and could recognize thought in another"(lord of the flies ch.5). this quote shows how ralph can relate to people and understand them and that he isnt just a power hungry leader that he is actually fair and cares about the people in his society.
My ideal Government
1. leaders serve a 2 year term
2. leaders are chosen through an evaluation and voting process
3. everyone must pay their contribution fee twice a year or be banished
4. any leader that becomes tyrannical may be removed from power through a vote
5. everyone has freedom of speech
6. criminals are punished through a trial and jury process
7. thieves get their fingers and or hands cut off
8. societal enforcers are elected every 2 years and have the power to arrest people that breach the constitution
9. people that want to join the society must be evaluated and accepted through a vote
10. treason is cause for banishment
11. all natural remedies, food, herbs, and elixirs are completely legal
12. man made remedies and supplies are forbidden
13. cellphones and the internet are illegal
14. only diesel-powered vehicles are permitted inside the society
A Country Affected by In-Fighting
A Current Political Conflict
"Descriptions of Governments Can Be Based On:." Types of Government. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 May 2015.
Golding, William. Lord of the Flies. New York: Coward-McCann, 1962. Print.
Shmoop Editorial Team. "Lord of the Flies Power Quotes." Shmoop.com. Shmoop University, Inc., 11 Nov. 2008. Web. 30 Apr. 2015.
"Top 10 Biggest Civil Wars of All times." Top 10 Outstanding List. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2015.tator just like many other dictators.
"New and Recent Conflicts of the World." The History Guy. N.p., n.d. Web. 01 May 2015.