Otoe County 4-H Wednesday What-Nots
June 7, 2023
In This Issue
- DEADLINES- JUNE 15th
- Online Entries Open
- 4-H Workshops & Events
- Open House
2023 Otoe County Fair
Thursday, Jul 27, 2023, 08:00 AM
Syracuse, NE, USA
If you are having problems with your enrollment, this site can help you navigate through most problems, or please call me at the office and I will help you.
Please add your t-shirt size to your enrollment.
Website is Open! Get your 2023 Otoe County Fair Entries in!
Welcome to the online registrations for the 2023 Otoe County Fair. Our goal is to make Pre-Fair and Fair entries more convenient for our families. Please start by creating a log-in. If you are a family with multiple entries, please select "Quick Group". If you are entering in both 4-H and FFA, you will only create one registration per exhibitor but you will change the club name.
(You will need to create a new log in for this year.)
We have had some cancellations for the cake decorating, please let us know if you would like to join that workshop on Tuesday, June 20th from 9 to 11.
Call the office to register for any of these classes
Youth Crop Scouting Competition – August 2 at the Eastern Nebraska Research and Education Center in Mead, NE
This is open to students (those completing grades 5-12) from across Nebraska to compete and showcase their scouting abilities in corn and soybean. Each school, club, or other organization may enter one or more teams composed of three to five participants along with at least one adult volunteer. FFA team members must all be from the same chapter. We are trying to determine interest to see if we can organize practices before the competition. Please contact the Extension Office if you have an interested youth or you are an adult who would like to share your knowledge of crop scouting with youth during practice days.
For more information you can visit: https://cropwatch.unl.edu/cropscoutingcompetition
UPCOMING 4-H Calendar
- Thursday, June 8- Favorite Foods Revue
- Monday, June 12- 9am, Extension Office - What does an Agronomy Degree mean???
- Monday, June 12- 9am, Syracuse Library- Cyber Security Presentation 10 and under
- Monday, June 12- 1:00pm, Syracuse Library -Cyber Security Presentation 11 and up
- Monday, June 12- 1:00pm, Extension Office - Genealogy for Kids
- Tuesday, June 13, 9:00am, Fair Center - Beginning Rocket Building
- Wednesday, June 14, 10:00am, Fair Center - Fish Cleaning and Cooking
- Wednesday, June 14, 1:00-7:00 pm - OPEN HOUSE to meet the new staff
- Thursday, June 15- DEADLINE DAY for Livestock ID sheets, YQCA, 4-H enrollment
- Thursday, June 15, 8:30am, Extension Office - Pillow Power Workshop
- Monday, June 19, Noon, Extension Office - Saltwash Workshop
- Monday, June 19, 9:00am, Extension Office - Horse Advancement Level Workshop
- Tuesday, June 20, 8:30am, Extension Office - Pillowcase Fever Workshop
- Tuesday, June 20, 9:00am, Fair Center - Cake Decorating Workshop
Nebraska Extension in Otoe County
Elizabeth Dunn,Extension Educator email@example.com
Ben Jewell, Associate Extension Educator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheryl Goff, Office Manager, email@example.com
Jenna Knake, Summer Intern firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: 620 1st Street, Syracuse, Neb, USA
Phone: (402) 269-2301