The District Insider
Volume 7, Issue 1 | August 2019
Christopher Douthit has been approved to serve as Elroy Schroeder Middle School’s interim principal for the 2019-2020 school year.
Douthit has served as an Associate Principal at both Red River High School and Valley Middle School, and as a teacher at Elroy Schroeder Junior High School.
Douthit’s background in middle-level education, proven leadership abilities, open communication style, knowledge of Marzano teaching and learning strategies, and positive disposition made him the top candidate for this one-year position.
Grand Forks Public Schools will repost this position in early 2020 and will work diligently to secure a long-term principal.
With this appointment, Douthit will be resigning as a member of the Grand Forks School Board.
Millicent Schwartz, a 2019 graduate of Red River High School, has received a perfect score of 36 on the ACT college entrance exam.
The ACT assesses students in English, mathematics, science, and reading. The scores in each area are compiled together into a composite score, which has a range of 1 to 36.
Schwartz and Seth Benson, a graduate of Sheyenne High School in West Fargo were the only two students among 7,282 North Dakota high school test takers who recorded a perfect composite score.
Nationally, approximately two-tenths of one percent of students received a perfect score.
“These two talented young people have achieved a rare distinction,” said Kirsten Baesler, North Dakota school superintendent. “They, their parents, their teachers, and the entire state of North Dakota should be proud of what they have accomplished.”
Schwartz will be attending Cornell University, an Ivy League university located in Ithaca, N.Y., this fall and will study mechanical engineering. She plans to minor in aerospace engineering.
Click on the school below to view registration, open house, ENCORE (after-school), and school supply list information.
- Ben Franklin Elementary School
- Century Elementary School
- Discovery Elementary School
- J. Nelson Kelly Elementary School
- Lake Agassiz Elementary School
- Lewis & Clark Elementary School
- Nathan Twining Elementary & Middle School
- Phoenix Elementary School
- Viking Elementary School
- West Elementary School
- Wilder Elementary School
- Winship Elementary School
- Elroy Schroeder Middle School
- Nathan Twining Elementary & Middle School
- South Middle School
- Valley Middle School
Whether it's school supplies or household items, we are posting needs all summer long that will help our students and families have a successful 2019-2020 school year. Check us out at https://www.purposity.com/lists/grand-forks-nd.
Click on the link below to download a back-to-school sign for your student to use on the first day of the school year. Feel free to share your photos with us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter by using the hashtag #GFSchoolsFirstDay.
We hope your family has a wonderful 2019-2020 school year!
A BIG thank you to our community members who have been dropping off school supply donations at the district office! We sincerely appreciate your generosity and helping ensure our students are ready for the 2019-2020 school year!
If you would like to donate school supplies to our students, here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/12B7gnODNUbkzwfL1RYJELhZIfAiP7eMe0rFYOCPy2bI) is a list of the most commonly requested items.
You can drop off your donations at the Mark Sanford Education Center (2400 47th Ave. S). Our hours (through August 2nd) are 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Mondays-Thursdays and 7:30-11:30 a.m. on Fridays.
Thank you all for your generous support of our students!
- Intervention Strategist - Valley Middle School
- Day Treatment Teacher - Valley Middle School
- Grade 4 Teacher - Century Elementary
- Special Education Teacher, Emotional Disturbance
- Social Studies Teacher - Valley Middle School
- Special Education Teacher - Century Elementary
- Music Teacher - Phoenix Elementary
- Special Education Teacher - J Nelson Kelly Elementary
- Site Coordinator - Encore Program - Winship Elementary
- Special Education Teacher (Autism) - Red River High School
- Physical Education Teacher - Red River High School
- World Languages Teacher - Valley Middle School
- School Psychologist
- Special Education Teacher
- Create a Teacher Application
- Paraprofessional - Discovery Elementary
- EL Paraprofessional - Discovery Elementary
- Float Paraprofessional - Head Start
- Family Service Specialist
- Grant Writer
- Paraprofessional, Resource Education - Grand Forks Central High School
- Safety Officer - Grand Forks Central High School
- Paraprofessional, Resource Education - Red River High School
- EL Paraprofessional - Red River High School
- Encore Para Program Application Pool
- Title I Paraprofessional Application Pool
- Special Education Paraprofessional Application Pool
- Lunchroom Paraprofessional Application Pool
- Food Service Worker/Cooks Application Pool
- Instructional Paraprofessional Application Pool