My Drive- Includes everything you’ve created or uploaded/synced.
Incoming - Files that others have shared with you.
Starred- Files and folders you have deemed as star-worthy.
Recent- Everything you’ve recently viewed or worked on in the order it was last updated
Activity- Everything in your Google Drive in the order it was updated.
Offline- Enable offline editing so that changes made will be saved to the computer when you are not online. - Go to settings>offline.
All Items- Everything you have created or has been shared by you.
Trash- All files/folders that have been removed from your Drive.
Owner, Type, More- Sort files by type, visibility, or ownership.
Downloading Google Drive App - on your teacher computer, download the google drive app. You can put files into that folder on your computer and it will save the online as well. Go to Settings>Download Drive
Click on “New”, then “Google Doc”
Functions like a Microsoft Word document for basic formatting
- Added features include ability to share, collaborate, view revision history, publish to the web, and translate the document
- Easy Bib
- Doc to Form (still in beta testing)
- gMath (in forms and sheets)
- Easy accents
Sharing and Collaborating
- In the document, sheet, or presentation click on the blue share button in the top right hand corner.
- Enter email addresses of people you want to share with.
- Change the permission you want that person to have.
- You can also share the link buy choosing anyone with the link can edit, comment, or view.
- Then you would send out the link.
- If you change something in the document that is shared, everyone will see it.
- Forms can be used to collect data for a variety of reason
- Click “New”, then “Form”
- Create title and select theme (you can change this later!)
- Add a description if desired
- Enter in Questions- Select type of response and whether item is required
- To preview the form, click on “View live form”
- To designate where responses are collected, click on “Choose response destination”
- Puts information into a sheet.