How to file a 1040EZ
Tania Corona Edition
Step by Step Instructions:
- Using your W-2 form, fill out line 1 on the 1040EZ that can be found in box 1 on your W-2.
- Next, go on to fill out line 2 on the 1040EZ using box 1 of your 1099-INT form.
- After filling out boxes 1 and 2 on your 1040EZ, add them together to and put the total into box 3 of the 1040EZ.
- Turn onto the back of the 1040EZ and complete "Worksheet for Line 5- Dependents who checked one or both boxes" if you checked either box in line 5 of your 1040EZ.
- Take "G." from the back of the 1040EZ and fill out box 5 of the front of the 1040Ez, if you or your spouse are not dependents: leave box blank.
- Next, take line 5 from the 1040EZ and subtract it from line 4 from the 1040EZ. This number will be filled out on line 6. If line 5 is larger than line 4: leave box blank.
- Then, Take line 2 from your W-2 and fill out box 7 on your 1040EZ
- After that, put a -0- on line 8 if you do not have an EIC, read instructions on the back of the 1040EZ if you're not sure
- Next, Add lines 7 and 8 and fill out box 9 on the 1040EZ
- Then, using a tax table provided by the IRS, find the number filled out in box 6. This number will be the Tax on line 10.
- After that, fill out line 11:healthcare, on your 1040Ez you pay for. If you pay none, write -0-
- Finally, add lines 10 and 11 of 1040EZ form. This will be your total tax, write it on line 12 of your 1040EZ
- If your line 9 has a larger number than 12, subtract 12 from 9 on your 1040EZ. Write it on line 13A: this will be your refund.
- If you'd like to have your refund deposited into your bank, fill out 13B,C, and D with your personal information on your 1040EZ
- If your line 12 is larger than 9, subtract 9 from 12 on your 1040EZ from, this will be what you owe in taxes. Put that number on line 14 of your 1040EZ.
- Fill out the rest of the 1040EZ with your personal information.