What Happened at School This Week?
• After sharing our information, the kids started writing letters to the person(s) chosen to receive Flat Stanley.
• We continue to enjoy reading our Helen Keller book. This week, we reviewed dictionary skills and character traits. On Tuesday, we read a book all about sign language. The kids enjoyed having the opportunity to spell out words using sign language.
• We learned about Groundhog's Day.
• In math class, we took our pretest for our upcoming unit.
• During science, we started our new unit. The science unit focuses on matter. A parent letter was sent home on Thursday.
• The kids had a blast during Jump Rope for Hearts.
What About Next Week?
• The kids will conference on their Flat Stanley letters.
• On Friday, is our big Valentine's Day celebration.
• Our big STEM project begins in science. The kids are so excited about this upcoming project. I don't want to spoil the actually spoil the big project so stay tuned!!
• We will continue reading learning about Helen Keller.
• Wednesday is an early release day.
• On Friday, we will review similes in class.
• Please help your child clean out their red folders if it is needed.
• We have 24 students in the room. If your child is bringing Valentines please bring one for each child.
• Library Day is Friday!
• If you haven't turned in your reading log for January, please send it in as soon as possible.