How...You May Ask Is Beautycounter Different from the Other Million Beauty and Personal Care Companies in Today's Market?
1. Beautycounter is the ONLY company in today's US Market who discloses the complete ingredient list of every product. 100% Transparency!
2. Beautycounter is the only company who will NEVER use the 1500 ingredients that are currently banned or restricted in other countries but currently used here in the US; ingredients that are linked to cancer, hormone disruption, and reproductive issues
3. Beautycounter screens and rescreens all its color cosmetics for 12 heavy metals to ensure the only the safest products in the market reach consumers
4. Beautycounter is not just about selling products, but also works to educate and inform consumers about what our government allows and what to look out for in products, food, cleaning supplies, and even household goods.
5. Beautycounter is not only the safest on the market, but its Effective and Beautiful!
I have something really great to share with you! I finally found a personal care product line that I am retailing at my Permanent Hair Removal business right here in Stillwater. It has been a long road in trying to decipher between all the beauty products lines on the market so I am thrilled to be able to offer these products to my customers and also to be able to use them in my own home. This is a Brand New company called Beautycounter.
The mission of Beautycounter is to get safe and effective products into the hands of everyone! They are doing this by not only offering the safest products on the market but also through educating consumers about the lack of regulation in the personal care industry, and by partnering with organizations that are working to make change happen.
- Two skin care lines for the face
- A hair and body collection
- A kids collection (nut free/gluten free)
- Lip collection
- Color cosmetics
**ALL these products are chic, effective and non-toxic
This Seems Crazy To Me...
When I started educating myself through Beautycounter and outside sources I started to learn just how much the personal care industry was not regulated in the United States. I just assumed if it was approved by the FDA it was safe for me and my family to use, I thought people were looking out for our well being, but I was sadly mistaken. Our skin absorbs 60% of what we put on it in 26 seconds. Just about everything we use contains toxic chemicals (carcinogens, endocrine disrupters, reproductive toxins...). Sadly, US companies are not required by law to disclose the ingredients they are using.
10 facts you may not know…
The average woman uses 12 products a day on her skin
It’s been 76 years since the Federal government has passed a law regulating ingredients in cosmetics or personal care products. Not since 1938! And since 1938, over 80,000 new chemicals have been introduced to us in our products and food. Only 10%-20% of those chemicals have even been tested for safety
The European Union has banned or restricted over 1300 harmful toxic chemicals from personal care products
The US has banned or restricted 11
At Beautycounter, over 1500 ingredients will NEVER be used
1 in 2 men and 1 and 3 women will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime
There has been a 40% increase in breast cancer from 1973-1998
1 and 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in the US. In the 1960’s 1 and 20 women were diagnosed with breast cancer. Of those women who develop breast cancer, only 10% carry the gene for the disease.
1 in 4 children will be effected by one or more of the 4 A’s – Allergies, Autism, ADHA, and Asthma. Young girls are developing earlier than they ever have before and more and more couples are having trouble conceiving.
US companies are currently allowed to put known, dangerous ingredients in products. Ingredients that have been linked to cancer, reproductive issues, hormone disruption, without telling us.
We have the right to know what we are putting on our bodies and our kids bodies. The average woman uses 12 personal care products per day. That is 365 days a year of accumulation. Its time we demand change and are able to make informed decisions for our families.
Beautycounter believes in 100% product disclosure and transparency when it comes to ingredients.
When I was living in Florida, I was introduced to a book called Rich Food Poor Food by Jayson and Mira Carlton. It changed the way I grocery shop and purchase food for me and my family. I started reading labels, watching videos and reading books, wanting to understand more about what I was feeding my family. I began to educate myself and I started asking WHY! Why would the US government allow companies to use dangerous and potentially harmful ingredients in our food when other countries closely regulate, restrict and even ban many of the ingredients that are currently used here in the United States. The book made me angry, scared, and sad. However, it also motivated me to change. Change the way my family eats and demand change in the way the US government regulates the food industry.
Then I got licensed as an esthetician and started educating myself about what is in our skin care and beauty products. At that time, I made the conscious decision to use an organic product line on my clients but wondered about the efficiency of the products. When our family moved back to Minnesota, I received an email from a friend who was selling Beautycounter. I decided to check out the website and I was hooked! As an aesthetician, I know that our skin is our largest organ. Think about it… why are there medication patches and nicotine patches? It is because patches are a very effective way to get something into our bodies. What we put on our skin goes directly into our bodies.
Beautycounter believes that our health should NEVER be compromised for beauty AND it doesn’t have to be! Beautycounter is all about transparency and ingredient disclosure. We have a right to know exactly what we are putting in and on our bodies and we DESERVE safety in our food and beauty products. I love Beautycounter because they use ingredients with purpose! The products are not only safe but also effective, high performing, and beautiful.
Beautycounter’s first order of business… Information first, product second. I absolutely love that Beautycounter shares information and is creating awareness about what is going on in our country compared to the rest of the world. The company educates and informs me on issues beyond the beauty industry and what I am selling. Since joining Beautycounter, I am more conscious about how I live my life. Whether you simply become more aware and educated about ingredients, start reading labels and demanding transparency, or decide to make some changes in your life and your family’s life, Beautycounter and I hope you support this social mission. Become a part of this movement no matter how big or small the decisions and steps you take going forward are… We all deserve better because the decisions we make today, matter tomorrow.
But Do They Work?
- Beautycounter does not do any animal testing, nor do any of their independent testing labs. More importantly, the question should be asked if companies do any human testing, since 80% of ingredients have never been tested for safety, we, and our kids, are the test subjects.
- The emphasize of Beautycounter is SAFETY, but many of their ingredients are natural, organic, vegan and gluten-free.
- The kidscounter line is even nut-free. (and leaves your little ones' heads smelling delicious, fragranced with essential oils vs. synthetic chemicals.)
Every Little Bit Helps!
And what difference would my voice really make?
My point of view has changed. It's not about perfection, it's about progress. Progress is happening.
You Can Support This Movement A Few Different Ways
- Products can be purchased directly from my website
- I do one-on-one appointments to find what you're looking for or can check out a face kit for you to try.
- If you'd like to get 50% off product, we could have a small "get together" with some of your friends that may be as conscious about what they bring into their homes as you are. Talking over a cup of coffee, lunch, or me stopping over with a bottle of wine to share the products and info! Easy and casual. A big way to help make change happen for your and those you care about.
- If this is right up your alley, then joining this mission is the most impactful decision you can make. This company is only 18 months old and is growing. We'd love to have you share in this movement, if you're interested, let's set up a time to chat over coffee (or wine!) You'll earn commission, get a discount on your own products, but most importantly, you'll help CREATE CHANGE! You won't be offer prizes like cars. Beautycounter would rather put that extra money into trusted non-profits or into your hands along the way.
Check your current products via EWG's Skin Deep Cosmetic Database:
Take a peek at Beautycounter's NEVER list. Ingredients you will never find in any of our products that are most commonly found on the market. If you're passionate about safety, check your labels against our never list.