Polar Bear Weekly Newsletter
North Laurinburg Elementary
Thank you guys for an amazing week! You guys are such a great team to work with! Let's remember Mrs. Wilson (dad) and Mrs. Mishue (mom). Mrs. Wilson father's services will be on Saturday 3pm @ Word of Life Fellowship Church 481 Tec Rd, Cheraw, SC 29520
The Events Committee will decorate the table in the front office for Cinco de Mayo the week of May 1st. The committee will ask the staff if they will bring items to display on the table. The Events Committee will check with Principal Byers to see if the Staff and students could dress in colorful clothing, flowers in your hair, etc. on May 5th.
May 1-Committee meetings
May 2nd-4th-4th grade swimming at St. Andrews (Harris' Class)
May 5-of the Year banquet at St. Lukes.
May 5-Cinco de Mayo (Students and staff dress colorful in celebration of this day.)
May 8-K Orientation at 9-10:30 in media center. SIT meeting in cafeteria at 3PM
May 9-Annual Talent Show @9:15 in the cafeteria
May 10-Progress Reports go home
May 10-Red Cross Lesson for 2nd and 3rd graders @ 1:15
May 11-EOG night 6-7PM
May 12-1/2 day for students/staff development day
May 15-26-COKE Drink Sale for PTO
May 22-Staff meeting in the cafeteria (4th grade, Gilchrist and Seely provide refreshments.)
May 26-June 9-EOG testing
May 29-Holiday No School
June 2-Field Day for grades 3-5 @ 8:30
June 5-Field day for grades K-2 starts @ 8:30
June 6-5th grade transition banquet at Laurinburg Presbyterian Church from 6 to 7:30
June 7-Awards ceremony K-2 8:30-10
June 8-Awards ceremony 3-5 8:30-10 End of Year parties begin at 1:45
June 9-Half day for students, dismissal 11:00AM, report cards go home and EOY staff development and luncheon
June 12-19-Optional teacher workdays
June 20-Annual leave build into school calendar.
- Continue our instructional focus on the use of graphic organizers throughout your lessons and use of relevant vocabulary.
- Update your remediation groups and spiral back lessons as students make progress.
- Ensure your lesson plans include the type of graphic organizer you will be using, ensure you have used the unpacking the standards and relevant vocabulary.
- Bring backwards planning and copies of student work to PLC's each week.
- Ensure that Lesson plans are available, Standards and EQ's are posted, that all activities and teacher instruction are aligned to what is being taught to students. Post your spiral back standards and EQ's as well.
- Please post your grades on a weekly basis in Power School.
- Complete writing assessment by Friday afternoon!
- Mrs. Emanuel and Nurse Chavis making home visits to ensure that a student went on middle school field tip and also took student's swimming apparel to St. Andrew's.
- Mrs. Lussier, Ms. B. Gilchrist and Mrs. Andrea Thomas for accompanying 4th grade students swimming this week.
- Mr. Ritchey, Mrs. Alford, Ms. Allen, Mrs. Emanuel, Ms. Pinkston and Mrs. S. Chavis for escorting 5th grade students on middle school visits.
- Ms. Grooms for receipting and depositing monies for the 5th grade field trip to Washington DC
- Mr. Ritchey, Mrs. Alford, Nurse Chavis, Ms. Allen and Mr. Byers for escorting 5th grade students to Washington DC
- Mrs. Emanuel and Ms. Pinkston for helping Mrs. Deese by doing a home visit to get a parent to come to the school.
- Mrs. Currie and Ms. Grooms for being the world's greatest administrative assistants!!! Couldn't do it without you ladies!
- Lynn and Wenona a Shout Out for putting together a massive purchase order. (From Mr. Byers)
- Ms. Grooms and Ms. Currie-Thank you for your support! I am so glad that you are here and for all the things you do! You both are amazing! (From Mrs. DiLorenzo)