The Tiger Times
~McMath Middle School~
VACCINES!!! VACCINES!!! VACCINES!!!
It’s that time of year again! Summer is upon us and Registration for next year will be here before you know it! PLEASE MAKE sure your students have ALL the REQUIRED VACCINATIONS to attend school! Please call your pediatricians ASAP to make sure your students are completely up to date.
ALL 7TH GRADERS MUST HAVE RECEIVED THEIR TDAP and MENINGOCOCCAL vaccines BEFORE registering or entering the school building in August!
If you have questions about your student’s shots or if/what they need – please don’t hesitate to call the school nurse at ext 3308 or email her at email@example.com
- NO STUDENT WILL BE ALLOWED TO START SCHOOL IN AUGUST IF THEY ARE MISSING REQUIRED VACCINATIONS!
- IF YOUR STUDENT HAS A REASON OF CONSCIENCE EXEMPTION FROM THE STATE OF TEXAS, PLEASE MAKE SURE IT HAS NOT EXPIRED. IT IS THE PARENT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO PROVIDE A CURRENT EXEMPTION TO THE SCHOOL NURSE BEFORE THE STUDENT CAN ENTER THE SCHOOL BUILDING IN AUGUST!
Doctors and Clinics will book up quickly and can run out of common vaccines during the summer months….DO NOT WAIT!
New this week...
From The Nurse
- IF YOUR STUDENT HAS MEDICATION IN THE NURSE’S OFFICE (EPI-PENS, INHALERS, TYLENOL, ANYTHING) –PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU PICK IT UP BEFORE 12:30PM ON THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL THURSDAY 5/26/22!
- IF AN ADULT CANNOT PICK IT UP, YOU MUST CALL OR EMAIL THE NURSE TO MAKE OTHER ARRANGEMENTS!
- IF MEDICATIONS ARE NOT PICKED UP, THEY WILL BE DISCARDED ON 5/27!
We have noticed that some of our kiddos have been more rowdy in the café lately.
- Because of this, I met with each grade level today to reiterate how students should act in the café.
We wanted to share these expectations with families as well.
- Here is the link to what was shared.
Parents, can you please speak with your kiddo(s) and remind them to follow these expectations and to always do the right thing?
In addition, we are considering ways to limit the rowdiness as well, such as assigned seats, silent lunches, etc...
Please and thank you,
Want to volunteer at McMath?
- Would you like to volunteer at McMath?
- We could always use some help in some areas of the school, helping out during lunch times, etc
- If so, click this link to fill out the volunteer application.
Got Questions? Just Ask!
Dr. Dunworth, Principal
A tardy sweep means that if a kiddo is still in the hall when the tardy bell rings each period (without permission) they will be given an after school detention.
You can find the tardy sweep information and much more info in the McMath Student Handbook found in the 'Campus Information' tab on the McMath Webpage. Click here for the link.
Lastly...I have included the regular Tardy Procedure in the attached picture as well for reference.
Progress Reports and Report Cards
Click here to login to HAC: https://denhac.dentonisd.org/HomeAccess/Account/LogOn…
Please be sure to reach out to your kiddo's teachers if you have any questions.
Sooooo, what does Zone (6, 7, or 8) mean on a student’s schedule?
The Zone class will be the kiddo’s 'Family Time' period.
- The 6, 7, or 8 simply means the grade your kiddo is in.
Please click here to see more about what Family Time means
McMath's Counselor Connection
Check out our counselors' page for lots of great info!
Click here https://www.smore.com/y49de
Communities in School
Interested in your student participating in CIS?
- CIS is a free program that takes place during the school day to assist with things like:
- College/career readiness
- Academic support
- Social service support (holiday assistance, snacks, utility assistance, clothes, etc)
- Small group discussions about things like study skills, character building, self-esteem, goal setting, etc.
- Mentoring program
Please use the link below to sign up your student(s) now!
- Password: CISNorthTexas1
- Password: CISNorthTexas1
Got Questions? Just Ask!
- The school day is from 8:15am - 3:35pm
- Students should not arrive to school before 7:45am and must be picked up before 3:45pm (Unless they have a sponsored event to attend).
- McMath Office hours 7:45am - 3:45pm
- Students need to bring a Chromebook or laptop and Charger to school everyday
- Students need headphones or earbuds for their own use, not to be shared
- Students need to wear their ID every day
Please note that we will not be using lockers again this year...so we recommend getting a backpack
- See above for the 2021-2022 supply list
- In an effort to limit traffic in the front office, if your student was absent they will not be called up inquiring of an absence note. Please remind your child to turn in their attendance notes within 3 days or fill out this Attendance form https://forms.dentonisd.org/Forms/absence-note
Student Cell Phones
- Student cell phones must be off during the school day. It should not be seen nor heard.
- McMath Middle school is not responsible for lost or stolen items. If a student has their cell phone out of their backpack during the school day, the cell phone will be confiscated.
- Parents must pick up the phone in the office and pay a $15 fee (See page 66 of the Denton ISD Parent Handbook for details) https://www.dentonisd.org/Page/99506
- For safety reasons, if you need to contact your student during the school day, please call the front office at 940.369.3300.
- Please be sure that your kiddos always have an updated phone number with them, memorized, and written in their possession.
Interior Map of McMath
- Click here to see the interior map of the school
Drop-off and Pick-up Procedures
- Please be sure to use the pick-up lane or back parking lot (by the football field) to drop off or pick up your kiddos.
- Do not use the front parking lot (we do not have supervision out there).
- Please be careful when crossing streets. Look both ways and follow all traffic signals.
- Please walk bikes and skateboards across intersections and streets
- Friendly reminder that the loop around the school is a school zone and we must obey the 20 MPH and cell phone usage laws.
- Here is a link for details
Important Websites and Information
- Calendars and Documents
- DISD Back to School Information (21-22)
- DISD Health/Safety Protocols (21-22)
- Child Nutrition
- Technology Status and Parent Education & Support Hotline
- McMath's School Report Card
- McMath's Welcome Back Information (21-22)
- School Supplies
- McMath Dress Code (21-22)
- Home Access Center (HAC)
- MMS Bell Schedule (21-22)
- McMath School Hours and Student Drop-off / Pick-up Procedures