Hallsville North Elementary
Creating an Environment Where Learning is Powerful!
A Note from Mrs. Parker
Next week we have Western Day events. Please make sure that if you bring someone else with you that they bring their ID with them to get a badge made. A note has gone home for you to return to have preprinted badges made. Please have this note back to us by Wednesday so we can have badges printed and ready on Western Day. If you send the note back that Friday we can not guarantee the badge will get printed before your child's event as we will have lots of visitors on campus. The only badges we can print in advance are those that parents have had ID scanned. If you have not had ID scanned this year we may not be able to print your badge for you. Sometimes they roll over from last year and sometimes they do not. We just say it is best to bring your ID just in case.
We have now finished our beginning of year reading assessment on our students. You have either received or will receive a letter stating what level your child is reading on as of right now. It is our goal that all students make growth in their reading level. At parent conferences your child's teacher will be able to share specific feedback on where your child is reading at and what they are working with them on to help make progress to the next level.
Fall extracurricular activities have started and we know that lots of you are busy at night with practices, games, or events. We ask that you take a few minutes each night to listen to your child read. For students in grades K-2 books should be coming home nightly to read. These are books your child has been instructed on so they should be able to read them. Sometimes you will see students come home with the same book several nights. By rereading books students are able to work on their fluency. This is important as they grow as readers. We want our students to read fluently and not sound choppy as they read. Through practice they will become more fluent readers. Third grade students should come home with either a book they have been reading or a library book. Please take time to listen to your child read. Again, we know there are lots of things taking place at night, but this practice does make a difference with your child's progress.
Thank you parents for all that you do! We will continue working together to help your child grow this year.
Upcoming Dates for October
- October 3- Western Day Pictures 1st and 2nd graders
- October 5 - Western Day Pictures Kinder and 3rd Grade
- October 5- Western Day
- October 10- Fundraiser Delivery to campus...more information coming on times you can pick up orders.
- October 11- CHAMPS Award
- October 12- Early Release for Students
- October 15-19 Fall Break
- October 22- No School for students Parent Conference Day
- October 25th- AR Celebration
- October 24th AR celebration
- October 29th- November 2 Red Ribbon Week. See below for daily schedule of events.
Other Important Dates! That we have as of now....Some events may change.....
- November 5-November 9- Book Fair
- November 6th Math/Reading Night 4:30-6:30
- November 9- Grandparents Day- Kinder 12:30-1:30; 3rd Grade 9:30-10:30; 1st Grade 10:45-11:45; Second grade 1:30-3:00
- 2nd grade Music Program: 1:00 Jackson, Wineinger, Kuykendall, Wilson, Hunt classes perform. 2:15 Rose, Minyard, Moore, and Cole's classes perform.
- November 13- Party Bus for those who earned on fundraiser.
- November 14th- 50th Day of School- Dress in 1950's style!
- November 15th- Kinder Feast (First through third grade no visitors for lunch on this day. Students will have a different lunch schedule and may be having picnic lunches due to Kinder feast.)
- November 16th- Early Release
- November 19-23 Thanksgiving Break
- November 26th and 27th- Kinder students go to Ecoland at Region 7 (We can not take volunteers to this. Only teachers and students will go. Half of Kinder will go on the 26th, the other half will go on the 27th. More specifics will come later.)
- December 19th CHAMPS Celebration
- December 21 12:30 Early Release day
- December 21st Class Parties: First and Third grade parents can set up at 8:00, party at 8:30. Kinder and second grade parents can set up at 9:30 and the party will begin at 10:00.
- December 24- January 7 Winter break
- January 8th Students return
Gifted and Talented Testing
2018-2019 Calendar Is Out!
Please make sure to look at the calendar for more information. The calendar also has information on when registration is taking place.
What is PTA? Watch this quick video to see a little about it.
Meet the Office Staff
Don't forget that any food brought for birthdays or school parties must be store bought.
Make sure to listen to Bobcat Radio!
Don't Forget we are a Nut Free campus.
Please make sure that when sending snacks, lunch, or birthday/party treats they do not contain nuts. We have several students with severe nut allergies. Thank you for helping keep our students safe!
Keeping All Students Safe
Need to pick your child up from school?
Don't have a car tag?
All visitors and individuals checking out any student or coming on campus will be required to have a photo ID.