BME Staff Update
February 11, 2019
Team Meadow -
Thank you for the wonderful pitch in on Friday. It was a perfect day gather and fellowship over a wonderful meal. (Jill Neal, we need the "Firecracker/Seasoned Crackers recipe, please.)
With Valentines Day and a continued search for a teacher, we have a busy week ahead. Please be sure to note the following items:
- ILearn Roadshow - (Today after school w/ Kris Devereaux and Chris Squier) We will be overviewing some "need to know" info. 3rd & 4th grade teachers need to attend, and I encourage resource teachers, counselor, and coaches attend as well. 1st/2nd grade teachers: It might be beneficial to have a teacher or two from each team attend to get a sense of what is downriver with these new state assessments. If your own children will be taking ILearn, you are welcome to attend as well. (For that reason, I am cancelling our regular staff meeting)
- PD Day is next Tuesday. Don't forget to sign up via PD Express (info below)
- Boone Meadow Mixer is on the calendar for Friday, March 22nd.
- Wellness Night/International Night/Fair - We are considering a combo night on March 21st. PVE has their International Fair tomorrow evening (2/12 @ 6-8P), and I would love for a few of you to join me in visiting theirs to stimulate ideas. Let me know if you are interested in attending with me. Thanks for considering.
Here's to a great week ahead and also looking forward to next Tuesday's Staff PD! I love our time together to learn, grow, and collaborate
Calendar Items & Information
11th - ILEARN Roadshow (Devereaux and Squier to meet with Intermediate teachers, coaches and SpEd teachers after school) - All welcome to learn more
12th - PVE International Fair (6:00-8:00)
14th - Valentine's Day (& parties)
18th - Presidents Day - No School
19th - PD Day at PVE
25th - Family Gathering @ 1:30
26th - Reject - Documentary Film @ PAC @ 6:45 w/ Dr. Kip Williams (see info below)
8th-22nd - DigiLab at BME
21st - Holi; BME Wellness Night (6:00-7:30)
22nd - PTO Boone Meadow Mixer (Cardinal Room @ Golf Club of Indiana)
26th - Kindergarten Round-Up (Pre-registration info will be available for families in mid-February)
29th - April 7th - Spring Break
Our PD Day on Feb. 19th is in PD Express!
Below are directions to sign up for this PD (for Certified Staff):
· Log into PDExpress
· Hover over In District PD then choose In District PD Catalog
· In the top left corner, under your name, you will see 2 tabs: List and Calendar-choose Calendar
· The January calendar will be showing so click the NEXT button to go to the February Calendar
· The Elementary PD Day 2019 will be found on Feb. 19th (there is a green check mark next to it)-choose this!
· A new screen will pop up and in the top right corner will be a REGISTER button-Click it!
· The last screen asks you to submit and that’s it! You are registered!
Please register before February 19th! Thank you!
Boone Meadow Mixer - Friday Evening, March 22nd
It may seem early, but now's the time to get March 22nd on your calendar. Please consider attending this special PTO sponsored event on the evening of March 22nd. It’s a great opportunity to enjoy each other and connect in a relaxed atmosphere. Based on last year's experience, I believe many of you found the evening quite enjoyable.
Keep in mind:
- Begin thinking about teacher experiences to make available for the auction.
- PTO will have (one) free ticket set aside for each BME staff member should you attend.
- Additional tickets for spouses or any additional staff guests will be available.
- Valentines Parties on Thursday, February 14th. You select the hour window you prefer for your Valentines Day celebration.
- Please communicate your V-Day time to Beth and Barb so we can prepare accordingly (times expected for volunteer arrival, etc…)
- As always, parents planning the parties need to share the snack plan with you at least a week in advance for your approval. Please keep in mind that this might include food items that are used in a craft. If items are not cleared with you in advance they are NOT allowed at the party.
- Pre-registration of volunteers is needed. Beth will send an email soon with the pre-registration link and information.
- Not required, but worth considering: Class parties are an excellent opportunity for classroom communities to engage in service projects. How can your students promote love, kindness, friendship, and care to those around them? (classmates, family, friends, others in community,…)
Please communicate the following in your classroom newsletters soon as we know many are already planning.
Blurb for your newsletters:
We look forward to celebrating Valentine's Day with our students at their classroom parties on Thursday, February 14th. This is a wonderful opportunity for us to emphasize the Lifelines of friendship and kindness with all of our students.
As you are preparing Valentine cards to share with classmates, please prepare cards void of candy. Due to many students with food sensitivities and allergies, we will be unable to distribute candy. We appreciate your cooperation as our main goal is to keep everyone safe.
If you elect to purchase cards that have contain something extra attached to them, please ensure they are inedible. This could include pencils, erasers, stickers, etc. Thank you for ensuring that all students can have a safe and fun celebration.
Let us know if you have questions
Free Event- REJECT Documentary Film
Who: School Staff, Parents, Students*, Community Members
(*recommended for students 5th grade and above but younger students are welcome to attend)
When: February, 26th, 2019 at 6:00 PM
Where: Zionsville Performing Arts Center
Click here to secure your FREE seats.FREE childcare provided, register here.
Personal Business Leave Requests
For Certified Team Members:To requests "personal business days," please complete the following process.
- Go to the following link, and complete the "personal business request" form. https://goo.gl/forms/CycfilABEUyILbh83
- Once the form is completed, please send a brief email to me (Tom) that includes the date(s) of your request(s).
- Enter your upcoming absence in AESOP as soon as possible. (It can always be deleted later should plans change.)