The Weightman M.E.O.W.
Monthly Events Of Wildcats: March 2021
In every myLearning course, students will see this link which provides 24/7 tutoring for ALL secondary courses. This service is available for all students.
In order to protect the health and safety of employees, staff, and students, all those who access Pasco County School locations must self-screen for symptoms and other risk factors of COVID-19 daily. The Student Self Screener is linked for you to review prior to your student coming on campus.
Let us know how a Wildcat has made helped you be come amazing and STRONG! Click here to give a shout out for a Wildcat.
Hello Wildcat families,
Spring is considered an awaking or rebirth. Many fun things happen during the spring season. Springtime flowers begin to bloom, days start to get longer, the temperatures start to rise. It’s the time of year when people get to come outside and do fun activities. This is also the time of year that Weightman Wildcats get focused on ending the year #WildcatSTRONG!
We need your help with keeping our campus safe and focused on learning as we embark on this season of Spring. I am including three documents below which provide details on school wide behavior expectation, face coverings and electronic devices on campus. I ask you to review these and discuss them with your student. We will be taking time during Study Hall the week of March 23rd to review these with ALL students in efforts to have a great 4th quarter.
Thank you Wildcat families for your continued support!
We had over $8,000 donated to TEWMS through our Game-On Fundraiser! As a result, we will be receiving new Physical Education equipment and purchasing student desks and chairs. My ultimate goal is to update ALL of the classroom furniture for our campus.
Students who earned prizes through the Game-on fundraiser will get them prior to Spring Break.
Let us know how a Wildcat has made a difference for you! Give them a shout out here.
incoming 6th grade: firstname.lastname@example.org
incoming 7th grade: email@example.com
incoming 8th grade: firstname.lastname@example.org
Boys & Girls Track Try-outs
Dates & Times:
- Monday March 8th-Thursday March 11th
- Time - 3:15-5 pm
- A ride home (by 5:15 pm)
What you need to do/bring (these forms are here):
- Physical completed on FHSAA form EL2 by a Doctor - MUST BE DATED! We cannot accept any other physical forms.
- Parental Release Forms completed:
- Pasco County Athletic Participation Form - MUST BE NOTARIZED!!!!!!!!!!
- Consent and Release from Liability Waiver
- Concussion and Heat Related Consent and Release from Liability
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Consent and Release from Liability
- Covid-19 Waiver
*If you have turned in this paperwork from cheer, volleyball, basketball, football or soccer, we have it and you do not need a new one.
Coach Vaile – Head Girls
Coach Ackett – Head Boys
Coach Nipps – Asst.
Coach Mine – Asst.
A Final Note: Participation Fees (If selected to team):
- If 1st team selected to this year - $50.00
- If played on ONE team this year - $30.00
- If played on TWO teams this year - No Fee
- There is no tryout fee.
National Junior Honor Society, 21-22SY
Do you have good grades? Do you like helping other people? Do you think of yourself as a leader? Then please sign up for National Junior Honor Society. Applications for NJHS are available at the back office and attached below. You may email a completed application to Mrs. Abercrombie: email@example.com NO LATER than Thursday, March 11th. And if you are already a member, you do NOT need to re-apply.
NWEA Map Growth Assessment
Teachers will be administering the end-of-year NWEA Map Growth Assessment in Reading, Math, and Science from April 7th to April 23rd so attendance is important! Please see grade level schedules below. Algebra students will take the REALIZE assessment. Teachers will be sending out notifications thru MyLearning to students and parents regarding their designated test dates however we have also posted it below.
- The NWEA tests are unique and adapt to your child’s responses to measure your child’s skill level. If your child answers a question correctly, the next question is more challenging. If they answer incorrectly, the next one is easier. These results will provide a more complete picture of what your child knows and is ready to learn—whether it is on, above, or below their grade level.
- Since the NWEA tests provide immediate and accurate information about your child’s learning, it’s easy for teachers to identify students with similar scores that are generally ready for instruction in similar skills and topics, and then plan instruction accordingly.
- Upon completion of these tests, you may view your child’s scores on your myStudent Parent Portal. You may also request a detailed report from your child’s teachers. These reports will provide typical growth data for students who are in the same grade, subject and have the same starting performance level. For more information, visit NWEA.org/familytoolkit
SPRING 2021 STATE & DISTRICT ASSESSMENTS
The Spring 2021 State and District Assessments are quickly approaching. First up… FSA Writes!
The FSA ELA Writing Assessment is scheduled to be administered at our school on the following days.
- Monday, April 5th at 8:30 a.m. for 6th & 7th graders
- Tuesday, April 6th at 8:30 a.m. for 8th graders
We will continue to support our district’s health and safety procedures. Laptops and student workspace will be sanitized after each use. All staff and students must wear a face covering at all times while on campus. If your student or anyone at home is sick, we ask that the student stays home and does not come on campus. If your student cannot pass the Student Self Screener , keep your student at home. Email our Administrator in charge of testing, Mrs. Mira at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know and she will work with families to reschedule.
For 6th Graders
If you or your student would like to review the materials, paper-based practice tests and answer keys are available at http://www.FSAssessments.org/students-and-families/practice-tests/paper-based-practice-test-materials/. For more information about the Florida Statewide Assessments program, please visit the portal at www.FSAssessments.org.
For 7th and 8th Graders
If you or your student would like to review the computer-based practice test at home, the practice tests and answer keys are available at http://www.FSAssessments.org/students-and-families/practice-tests/. For more information about the Florida Statewide Assessments program, please visit the portal at www.FSAssessments.org.
Per the Florida Department of Education (FDOE), no remote administrations are available for any statewide summative assessments. MSO students MUST come into campus to take all of the State Assessments (FSA Writes, FSA Reading/Math, EOCs) at the designated date and time listed above. In order for us to prepare for your student to take the FSA Writes, please click on the link below to register. You will receive a confirmation email a few days prior to your student’s test date with more specific information.
Registration link for MSOL students only: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=aaJT4khSVE6bZ7duOoYiIER-QR4CG7lHoWC3f2vD-VxUOTZMV1dHUlM0TkdUSk00TU1ZR1Q4OTVGTS4u
Stay tuned for April’s M.E.O.W. edition for the May testing schedule for FSA Reading/Math, Science, EOCs (Civics, Algebra, Geometry), and District Finals. If you have any other questions related to this test administration, you may contact our Administrator in charge of testing, Mrs. Mira at email@example.com
When students have to quarantine
Please ask your child to follow these instructions:
- If you are feeling well enough to do your schoolwork at home, you are welcome to continue your classes and classwork.
- Your schedule will not change. You will not be moved to a MySchool Online schedule. You will stay with your current teacher(s), but your work will be completed through the MyLearning App.
- Log in and complete whatever work you feel well enough to do.
- To submit your completed work, snap a picture, upload it, and submit it through MyLearning.
- Work packets will not be sent home. Please go in MyLearning to complete your classwork.
- If you get stuck, email your teacher through your Outlook app or within Canvas. Under “Help” click the button labeled “Ask Your Instructor (Teacher) a Question”.
- If you don’t have a computer, or you are not feeling well enough to do work, don’t worry, your teachers will help you get caught up when you return.
Parents, for more information and tips on accessing your child’s online instruction portal please visit: https://www.pasco.k12.fl.us/oll/page/parent-university
Early Release Days: March 3rd
Beginning in January, our schools will be implementing a two-hour early release day every month. Each of the four early release days (see schedule below) will fall on a Wednesday. There will be no early release day in May.
On each of the early release days, students will be released two hours early. The bell times, including the early release times for each school, can be found here. The early release days, which were implemented for the first time last school year, provide teachers with an opportunity to complete professional development and experience training that will help increase effective instruction and ultimately will benefit students.
Students who are registered in the district’s PLACE program will be able to stay the extra two hours with no additional charges. School buses will operate two hours earlier during early release days. The routes and bus stops will not change.
The early release days are as follows. All are on Wednesdays: March 3 - April 7
Curbside Meal Pick-Up @ TEWMS: Fridays 9-9:30am
WHO: Pasco County Schools will be offering curbside meal pick up to children not attending school brick and mortar. At this time, meals will be FREE for all children per the most recent USDA school nutrition meal program waivers. The menu and nutrition information can be reviewed here: Curbside Menu.
WHERE: @ TEWMS, meals are served in the carline at the front of the school Meals will be served curbside in a drive-thru style (Do not get out of your car).
WHEN: @ TEWMS, pickup is 9-9:30am. Pick up times do vary by location and can be found HERE.
HOW: In order to serve you better, a MEAL RESERVATION FORM should be filled out weekly.
Additional information can be found here: https://connectplus.pasco.k12.fl.us/do/fns/?page_id=6886
There is NO Saturday School on March 13th or March 20thThere is NO Extended School Day on March 13th or March 20th
March 3: Early Release Day @ 1:08pm
March 6: Saturday Day School
March 6: Extended School Day
March 8-11: Track Try Outs @ 3:35-5pm
March 12: FNS food distribution @ 9am in Car loop
March 15-19: Spring Break, No school
March 22: Teacher Planning Day, No School
March 24: TOOLS Program @4:30-6:30pm
March 26: FNS food distribution @ 9am in Car loop
March 27: Saturday Day School
March 27: Extended School Day
March 30: 3rd Quarter Reports Cards are posted
April 1: Student Recognition Ceremony during Study Hall
April 1: Track Meet @ WCHS, 5:30-8:30pm
April 2: Good Friday, No School
April 7: Early Release Day @ 1:08pm
There is NO Saturday School on March 13th or March 20th
There is NO Extended School Day on March 13th or March 20th
FortifyFL is a suspicious activity reporting tool that allows you to instantly relay information to appropriate law enforcement agencies and school officials.