What Is This PBL Stuff?
A discussion of Project Based Learning
Project Based Learning is a hot topic in educational circles. A growing number of schools are implementing a PBL model and more classroom teachers are experimenting with PBL units. This session is for the educator with little to no experience in PBL. Perhaps you have thought about doing PBL but don’t know where to start. Or perhaps you have tried PBL once or twice and you would like to learn more. The session will share the New Tech Network model of PBL, as implemented by Kent Innovation High, a PBL school in Grand Rapids, MI. The session will share useful documents for understanding PBL as well as offer plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion.
- My name is...
- My relationship to the topic is...
- My expectations are...
- How I feel about being here is...
- Knows Need to Knows
- 5 Minute Research of document: "Introduction to Project Based Learning"
- Revisit Knows Need to Knows
- Share Knows Need to Knows
- Group discussion of KNTKs
- Brainstorming Protocol of project idea
project based learning resources
PBL Documents and FormsEffective PBL Continua