Kolb Eagle Flyer
Welcome Back to School!
First day of School is August 13th!
Message from the Principal
Dear Kolb Families,
We have some changes this year at Kolb!
We have the addition of 2 Developmental Kindergarten classes to our school as well as some staff changes. We would like to welcome all the families who will be attending DK and Kindergarten.
As you may know, there have been some changes to our bell schedules this year. The good news is that all the Wednesdays will end at the same time for our elementary students so you will no longer receive reminders about whether or not Wednesday is a collaboration day. Please take special note of the dates below in which there are different end times for our students.
We would like to welcome the following people to our staff:
- DK: Amy Last and Susan Morrison
- Health Clerk: Sarah McPhee
- Music: David Herscowitz
- Speech: Hazel Tham
Returning but in different grade levels we have:
- Katie Barnes – 1st Grade
- Allison Tomcik, Megan Vanoli and Kathy Emig – 3rd Grade
- Kristen Moore and Samantha Cisneros – 4th Grade
- Jessica Freyler and Ami Lakeman – 5th Grade
Please join me in welcoming our new staff members and grade level teams for 2019-20!
Calendar of Events for August 2019
8/12 - DK/Kindergarten Back to School Night 6:00p
8/13 - 1st DAY OF SCHOOL!!
8/13 PFC Coffee and Tea Break 8:10am MPR
8/13 DUSD Board Meeting 5:30pm at District Office
8/15 Gr 1-5 - Early Release 2:04pm dismissal
8/15 Gr 1 – 5 Back to School Night
6:00-6:30 Gr 3, 4 & 5 in classrooms
6:35-6:55 All Parents in Multi-Purpose Room
7:00-7:30 Gr 1 & 2 classrooms
8/16 Gr 1-5 - Early Release 2:04pm dismissal
8/22 PFC Meeting 6:00pm Eagles Nest
8/27 DUSD Board Meeting 5:30pm District Office
8/28 Kona Ice sold after school
8/29 Picture Day
Lunch at Kolb!!
Does your child want to buy their lunch?
Does your child want a lunch from home?
We recommend your child bring their own lunch to school in the morning. If you must deliver your child's lunch or they forgot their lunch, you may bring it to the foyer near the office and put it on the lunch cart under the appropriate grade.
Lunches for grades 1 - 3 must be delivered by 11:10am.
Lunches for Grades 4 - 5 must be delivered by 12:10pm.
Lunch carts will be taken to students after delivery time for pick up.
Lunch serves as a nutritional and social development time for the children.
Please refrain from visiting your child at this time.
For more details about our lunch policies, please see the Kolb Website
Picture Day is Thursday, August 29th
You are welcome to leave items on this table for your child. However, to limit classroom interruptions, we cannot call the class or deliver items to classrooms. We suggest you email your child’s teacher if you would like them to know you placed an item there. Thank you for your cooperation!
School Check In
Wednesday, Aug. 7th, 1-6pm
3150 Palermo Way
- You must do your online Check In before you come!
- We recommend you come during the last half of the event when lines are typically shorter!
- Turn in the Student Health Form
- Purchase student planners ($5.00 3rd -5th grade)
- Purchase recorder and music book ($10 3rd grade only)
- Purchase Emergency Kits ($15 - DK, Kindergarten and New Students)
- Add money to lunch accounts
- Purchases must be paid for with cash or check only
- Purchase spirit wear
- Sign up for after school enrichment classes
- 4th and 5th Grade students submit band forms if interested.
- Receive your student’s classroom assignment.
Unable to attend on August 7th?
We will not be able to check anyone in until they complete the Online Annual Update.