Welcome Home Hawks
Same school and support, NEW look and courses
Welcome Back! School attendance is a key factor for keeping students on track academically. Humboldt recognize that in order for your child to be successful in school, we will need support from both the home and school. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she attends school every day and on time. School begins promptly at 8:30 am and dismisses at 3:00pm
- Tardy to School: Students arriving to school after 8:30 a.m. are required to bring a note from a parent/guardian, stating the reason for their tardiness.
- Absences: Students absent from school one or more days. Parents/guardians are required to call the school Attendance Line (651-744-5533) to report a student absent. Also, parent/guardian needs to send a note with child stating the reason for the absence.
- Excused to leave the building: Students needing to leave school early must provide a written note from parent/guardian with the following information, date, time needing to leave, parent/guardian telephone number, and the reason for early dismissal. Students will then be given an excuse to leave the building. If a student fails to provide a signed note from parent, the school staff has been instructed to check a photo ID and the emergency contact information to insure authorization before releasing the student. Parents PLEASE limit early pickups; students need every minute of their education to be successful in school.
- Excused Absences and Tardies include: Doctor’s Visit, Sickness, Religious Holiday, and Extreme Family Emergency.
- Unexcused Absences and Tardies include: Overslept, Missed the Bus, Car Problems, Traffic, Needed at Home, Cold Weather, and Staying Home to Babysit.
For additional questions concerning attendance, please contact the Attendance Clerk, Miss Nina (651)744 -7203 or Attendance Intervention Specialist, Ms. Judy (651)744-5547.
Fall Sports teams and updates
Boys/Girls Cross Country Running:
2020 Coach of the Year Mario Luna returns a talented roster with runners like Stian Asper, Anders Mork, Willa Campion and Mackenzie Wilson all rejoining the squad. Those of you from the North Metro can catch them in action this afternoon at Forest Hills Golf Course in Forest Lake as they look to bring home some early season hardware.
The Hawks currently sit at 2-2 and begin , their conference season this thursday (9/9) against rival Como Park High School. The Hawks will then take on possible play off opponent Cristo Rey on Saturday 9/11. The Como Park game will begin at 4:15, while the Cristo Rey game will begin at noon.
The Girls Soccer team may be low on numbers, but not on talent. Sophomore standout Anja Gundale returns to lead the team, and Junior Jocelyn Mann will marshal the back line. The Girls soccer team will be in action at home this week on Thursday, taking on Como on the road, and Saturday at Roosevelt High School (facing St. Agnes).
Koua Xiong returns to coach the Girls Tennis program after having a very successful season last fall. While there were several noticeable graduates from the team, Senior Mae See Da returns as a committed leader ready for a breakout season. The Girls Tennis team will play on the road facing Brooklyn Center on 9/14 beginning at 4:00 PM.
Humboldt and Harding will embark on a new and unique opportunity this fall, operating as the City's lone co-op football team. This exciting opportunity will provide both Humboldt students as well as Harding students the opportunity to compete together and at the highest level possible. The Co-op will play their home games at Harding High School, and had tremendous success in their first game of the year, defeating conference foe Como Park.
Girls Swimming and Diving:
The Humboldt and OWL swimmers will be joined by Washington once again this fall, forming a 3 way cooperative between the schools. The team competes this Friday in the Humboldt pool against Central, and please join me in welcoming our new coaching staff, Jojo White and Allyson Schwinghammer to the Hawks family!
The Girls Volleyball team looks to have a strong season lead by Senior leader Lili Hobday. Hobday was a 4 sport Varsity athlete for the Hawks last season, and will continue to be a dominant force in the City Conference this fall. They will begin their season on 9/7, traveling to Trinity High School in Eagan on 9/7/21.
Parent Teacher Organization and Site Council
The Parent Teacher Organization will have their first meeting tomorrow, September 13. We are asking that interested families join us for light dinner and drinks(5:30pm) as we discuss parent involvement, family support for our students and ways we as family and community can give back to our school. We are looking for participants and families that would like to not only attend meetings but also give their time at future events. The meetings will be held on the following Mondays;
Snack and Refreshments 5:30, meetings start at 6pm
Monday, October 18, 2021-This meeting will focus on fundraising and Senior Lock-In
Monday, November 23, 2021
Monday, January 4, 2022 or TBD
Monday, March 1, 2022
Monday, May 3, 2022
Dulce Meza, Humboldt Family Liaison - email@example.com
Beth Mork, Parent- firstname.lastname@example.org
8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Family Liaison/Project Coordinator:
(651)744-4740 or email email@example.com