BIDDEFORD & DAYTON SCHOOLS (Nov/Dec 2021)
COVID VACCINE FOR CHILDREN AGES 5-11
We have partnered with MaineHealth to host FREE COVID vaccine clinics (ages 5-11 only) at various locations throughout our communities. Children ages 5-11 are only eligible for the Pfizer vaccine at one-third of the dose authorized for those 12+ and must attend both dates to receive both doses for full vaccination status. Sign-ups should be completed 2-3 days prior to the first clinic date (see details below).
PARENT INFORMATION SESSION WITH MAINEHEALTH
Join Southern Maine Health Care's Chief Medical Officer Dr. Michael Albaum and a pediatrician who will present some facts about COVID vaccinations for children 5-11 years of age and provide an opportunity for parents to have their questions answered.
- Thursday, November 4th at 6pm
- Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/94051877534
- Meeting ID: 940 5187 7534
If you have additional questions specific to the COVID vaccine, please follow up directly with your physician. If you have questions specific to this clinic, please email email@example.com.
PEDIATRICIANS SHARE: What Parents Need to Know about the COVID-19 Vaccine for Children
Join Maine pediatricians as they share information about children and the COVID-19 vaccine and give advice on what to consider when making the decision to vaccinate children against COVID-19. There will be time for questions from the audience.
- Tuesday, November 9th from 6:00-7:15 PM via Zoom Webinar
- Register at mecap.org/events to receive the webinar login information
- Gretchen Pianka, MD, MPH, Pediatrician at Central Maine Pediatrics
- Jillian Gregory, DO, Pediatric Critical Care Physician at Maine Medical Center
- Sydney Sewall, MD, MPH, Pediatrician at Maine General Health
- Michael Ross, MD, Pediatrician at Northern Light Pediatric Primary Care
Moderator: Claire Berkowitz, President, Midcoast Maine Community Action
COVID VACCINE CLINIC DATES
Parents may sign their child up for any clinic that is convenient for them; however, your child must receive the second dose at the same location.
11/10/21 (First Dose) and 12/1/21 (Second Dose) from 2:00-8:00pm at Biddeford Middle School - Gym
11/12/21 (First Dose) and 12/3/21 (Second Dose) from 2:30-6:00pm at Saco Parks & Recreation
11/17/21 (First Dose) and 12/8/21 (Second Dose) from 2:00-8:00pm at Governor John Fairfield School - Gym
11/18/21 (First Dose) and 12/9/21 (Second Dose) from 2:00-6:00pm at Dayton Consolidated School - Modular Building
11/19/21 (First Dose) and 12/10/21 (Second Dose) from 2:30-6:30pm at John F. Kennedy School - Gym
HOW TO REGISTER FOR CLINIC
If you would like to have your child vaccinated at one of the clinics below, you must complete these three required steps below.
- Schedule an appointment time. ONE TIME SLOT PER PERSON. SECOND DOSE: Participants must return on the second date at the same time and location chosen for the first date.
- Complete the Registration Form online OR complete the paper copy sent home and return to the School Nurse.
- Complete the Consent Form online and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org OR complete the paper copy sent home and return it to the School Nurse. Parents/Guardians must accompany their child or ensure their child has a completed consent form upon arrival.
CLICK HERE to schedule an appointment time. ONE TIME SLOT PER PERSON. SECOND DOSE: Participants must return on the second date at the same time and location chosen for the first date.
CLICK HERE to complete the Registration Form online OR complete the paper copy sent home and return to the School Nurse.
CLICK HERE to complete the Consent Form online and email back to email@example.com OR complete the paper copy sent home and return to the School Nurse. Parents must accompany child or ensure form is completed prior.
QUARANTINE EXCEPTIONS BASED ON EXPOSURE
YOUR NURSING TEAM
John F. Kennedy School (PreK-K) - Jessica Wasco, RN
207-282-4134 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Biddeford Primary School (1&2) - Cassie Jacques, RN
207-282-8285 or email@example.com
Biddeford Intermediate School (3&4) - Alexandria Oliver, RN
207-282-5957 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Biddeford Middle School (5-7 & STEM) - Gloria Fickett, RN
207-282-6400 or email@example.com
Biddeford High School/APC/COT (8-12) - Krystal Taschereau, RN
207-282-1596 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dayton Consolidated School (PreK-5) - Jennifer Aguirre, RN
207-499-2283 or email@example.com