Weekly Updates from Mrs. K
September 17, 2021
From the Principal's Desk
Our McKinley School Site Council (SSC) is a decision-making group that
- provides oversight on matters dealing with Federal and State funded programs.
- provides oversight of the academic planning and budgeting process associated with the School Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA).
- provides meaningful consultation with the principal to oversee the implementation, monitoring, and revision of the SPSA.
Please use this form to vote for TWO parents to represent you on our Site Council.
Please Help Us Keep Our School Open
Dear McKinley Family, I spent time presenting Courage: Lesson 1, in all kindergarten and first grade classes this week. I can honestly say that you would be so very proud of your students! They were Respectful, Responsible, Kind, and Safe; and they soaked in all of the information.
- Talk with your child about what used to frighten you as a child. Be open about how you courageously worked to overcome that fear. Talk about who helped you or what strategy helped you along the way.
- Talk about the things that frighten you as an adult today. Open up an honest conversation about how you work intentionally to show Courage often.
- Make a list over dinner about who are the people in your network that show Courage. How can you tell that they have Courage? Why is it important that they show Courage? How might their example help make your Courage stronger?