August 5, 2022
Here is how we can keep getting #bettertogether (and faster & SAFER):
- Under NO CIRCUMSTANCE should students be unloading from their cars while on the road. Students MUST wait until they are safely in the curbside drop off area at the front of the school.
- 1st-8th Grade Parents: Your students are not dismissed until 3:30 pm. Please do not arrive much earlier than that because it blocks the flow for our kinder parents. We MUST get kinder dismissed before we open the 1st-8th grade lane. In addition, 1st-8th grade parents must remain behind the crosswalk lane cones until all kinders have been dismissed, then we'll move you forward to curbside pick up.
- KINDER parents MUST stay to the right when pulling into the car pick up lane. This means 1st-8th GRADE parents MUST stay to the left so kinder can get through.
- At the north entrance, if waiting to enter the lot, cars should pull over to the side to not block the road for neighborhood traffic.
- If you are parking in the south lot and walking up to get your child, he/she is a "walker"/walk up and will need to exit through the gate near that parking lot. Be sure your child's teacher knows if he she is a car rider (you're staying in your car and pulling up to the curb) vs. "walker"/walk up. Thank you!
Thanks for an amazing first week back, Bobcats!
This week was filled with learning about behavior & academic expectations, completing TRACKS Passports, and building a positive culture & community in EVERY grade!
Updates and Info:
- Reminder: If your child had a well-check this summer, send your student's updated immunization information to Nurse Kathy (email@example.com), this includes all 11 year old shots. Free immunizations are available at Constitution Elementary on 8/26.
- VOLUNTEER TRAININGS: Looking forward to volunteering this year or chaperoning a field trip? If you haven't previously attended a volunteer training then you MUST complete this requirement in order to volunteer at a DVUSD school. Join us on either 8/22 @ 4pm OR 9/1 @4pm to complete your training (ONLY IF YOU'VE NEVER ATTENDED TRAINING BEFORE).
- HEAT ADVISORY DAYS: Parents, it is hot and humid right now. Please be sure your student brings a water bottle to school each day. We also encourage them to bring a hat to wear at recess. Additionally, SF administration will use the “School Heat Alerts” from AZ Department of Health Services to determine heat advisory days (limited or no outdoor recess). Safety is always our priority and we will continue to provide frequent reminders for students to rest and drink water when it is hot outside.
4th-8th Grade Student Technology
Your 4th-8th Grader will have a Chromebook checked out to him/her over the next few days. Parents-review the student technology documents as a family to ensure students understanding the expectations and appropriate technology usage. In addition, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND families purchase the insurance. Your student received the insurance information when he/she got the Chromebook. Finally, ALL students in 4th-8th grade watched the following video in regard to technology. Please feel free to watch the video and learn about the expectations.
PARENTS: Join us for Curriculum Night! We are looking forward to welcoming you to campus and connecting in person!
In partnership with students, families, and community members, Sonoran Foothills School seeks to create a challenging and diverse learning environment through engaging instruction allowing for individual differences in an atmosphere of cooperation and respect.