Tannahill August Newsletter
2018 - 2019
A letter from the Principal
This is such an exciting time of year! The students are rested and ready to come back and have a fantastic year at TIS! The staff at TIS is excited and prepared for your most prized possession to return!
This newsletter is full of valuable information for the months of August and September.
The first day of school is Tuesday, August 21, 2018.
Have a great rest of the summer and enjoy the time together as a family!
Important information to know
Returning Student Registration Process
Families: If you have NOT completed the returning student registration process, please make sure you do by Wednesday, Aug. 9.
- If you did not receive the email, you may login to gradebook.wsisd.net or follow the link for directions and individuals to contact for help.
- Families MUST complete this process in order to receive their child's schedule at Back to School Night.
- Families who need assistance can go to the school on our New Student Registration Dates. Visit www.wsisd.com for dates and times.
1st Week of School Safety/Drop Off Expectations/Procedures
Any individual who enters in the morning must be with a student and must provide a Photo ID in the form of a Drivers License, Passport or Resident Alien ID. IDs will be held in the office and returned at departure.
Each visitor will receive a visitor badge that they must wear that morning and turn in to receive their ID back.
All other visitors that day (after morning drop off) must provide a Photo ID and be vetted through Positive Proof. IDs will be held in the office and returned at departure.
Parents will be allowed to walk students to class on August 21, 22, & 23.
Friday, August 24 is Independence Day for our students and they will walk themselves to class.
1st Day of School
- All adults will be required to present a valid ID and leave it with the office staff as you enter the building.
- All adults who enter the building will be required to wear a visitors badge the entire time on campus.
- All adults who enter the building will get their ID back after they return the temporary visitors badge they received when they checked into our campus.
- Students who need to pick up a schedule on the first day of school will receive those in the library.
- We will have our Safety Crew dressed in florescent orange shirts to assist all visitors to our campus the first day of school.
Meet the Teacher Night
- Update student information before August 9th.
- Steel City Pops will be by the front entrance.
- 5th grade schedule pickup is in the gym. (student info must be updated before a student or parent can pick up a schedule)
- 6th grade schedule pickup is in the cafe. (student info must be updated before a student or parent can pick up a schedule)
- Transportation, YMCA after school care, and PTA information will be in the library.
- Drop off school supplies to your child's team.
- 6th grade band parent meeting @ 7:00 p.m. in the TIS gym.
TANNAHILL INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL
701 AMERICAN FLYER BLVD.
FORT WORTH, TX. 76108
REMIND 101 APP:
TEXT 81010 TO @tannabears
Front Office Staff
- Front Receptionist- Mrs. Kelli Deats - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registrar- Mrs. Heidi Monsees - email@example.com
- Nurse- Mrs. Savannah Fowler - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attendance Secretary- Mrs. Terry Santiago - email@example.com
- Principal’s Secretary- Mrs. Carolyn Bell - firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Resource Officer- Officer Huseman - email@example.com
2018 - 2019 School Hours
- 7:00 a.m - Doors Open
- 7:20 a.m. - First Bell
- 7:30 a.m. - Tardy Bell
- 3:00 p.m. - Dismissal Bell
- 3:20 p.m. - Students should be picked up
Important Dates To Remember For August and September
- Wednesday, August 15 - TIS Meet the Teacher Night/Schedule Pickup
- Tuesday, August 21 - 1st Day of School
- Thursday, August 23 - TIS Cookie Dough Kick-Off
- Thursday, August 23 - Back to School Rally @ BHS
- Monday, September 3 - Labor Day - No school
- Tuesday, September 4 - Picture Day
- Monday, September 24 - Mad Science Night @ BMS
- Friday, September 28 - Elementary Night @ BHS-Football Game & Field Goal Challenge
Meet the teacher night - Wednesday, August 15, 2018
What to expect for Meet the Teacher Night
- Schedule pick up - 5th Grade in the gym
- Schedule pick up - 6th Grade in the cafe
- Drop off school supplies
- Meet the teacher
- Transportation information
- YMCA information
- PTA sign up and t-shirts
- Steel City Pops
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Tannahill Front office procedures
Parents and guardians are required to sign in and leave their drivers license before entering any area of our campus or grounds.
If you are checking your child out for early dismissal, you will be required to show current photo ID.
Our waiting area is located in the foyer. We ask that all guests wait in the foyer. If you are waiting for your student they will come through the glass doors. If you are meeting with a staff member or principal they will come greet you there.
Students cannot be pulled from class until their parent or guardian arrives with a current photo ID.
Parents or guardians who come to eat lunch with a student:
- Must have a valid photo ID
- Must leave their ID with the front office
- Must be on their contact list
- May only eat with their student
- Cannot bring food for other students
- Must stay in the designated seating area for visitors
After 3:20 p.m. there will not be supervision for your child. YMCA will be available after school for a fee. Sign up information for the YMCA after school program will be provided at Meet the Teacher Night and through the TIS front office.
Early Checkout Policy
A letter from the nurse
If your student needs medications at school, remember that we must have a new physician's order for this current school year. Order forms can be found online and in the front office. Medications must also be brought in and signed for by the parent before the nurse can administer the meds at school.
If your student is absent, please send a parent or doctor’s note upon their return.
This note needs to be given to the front office within 3 days of the absence.
- When 3 or more absences are reached, the parents will be notified by letter and by a phone call.
WSISD will be moving to nine week grading periods in 2018-2019
2nd Grading Period - October 22 - December 21
3rd Grading Period - January 9 - March 8
4th Grading Period - March - May 23
Click the links below for additional information and getting connected
REMIND 101 APP: TEXT 81010 TO @tannabears
STAAR Spring 2018 Results
STAAR Spring 2018 results are now available online for your student at https://www.texasassessment.com/.
If you do not have your child’s unique STAAR access code from a previous STAAR Report Card, click the link – “Find My Access Code.” You will then input your student’s Social Security number or state identification number and date of birth. If you have any questions, please contact your student’s campus. Summer office hours are Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.