Looking for a DATA SCIENTIST
BillGuard is hiring!
Who are we?
BillGuard is a personal finance security company, built on the shoulders of giants, by a passionate team of data scientists and designers, powered by the collective knowledge of millions of people. Through patent-pending big-data analytics and advanced crowdsourcing techniques, the BillGuard app helps you stay on top of your money, in a mission to empower consumers to control, protect and do more with their money.
Based in New York and Tel Aviv and backed by some of the world's top investors, BillGuard has been featured prominently in the Wall Street Journal, NY Times and The Economist as well as on ABC and CBS News.
Who are we looking for?
We're looking for a born data scientist, the kind of person that can leverage data research and scripting skills to munge, crunch and visualize many sorts of data sets and algorithms to identify schemes that everybody overlooked so far.
The ideal person is passionate for solving "riddles" and is equipped with sharp analytical skills allowing him/her to analyze various kinds of data and information and come up with data and product insights. The role encompasses acquisition and application of vast knowledge areas over a short period of time and requires a strong sense of personal responsibility and versatility.
- Strategic thinking with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong expertise and proven experience in applying machine learning algorithms and statistical models to solve problems.
- Provide detailed analysis regularly that allows data-driven decisions in a cross functional environment.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline - a plus.
- Coding experience - a must (we use mostly Java and Python for research).
- Knowledge of SQL a must - MySQL and MongoDB a plus.
- Experience with BI tools and/or big data technology (like Hadoop, Spark) – a plus.
- Experience in the FinTech industry - a BIG plus.
- Get things done mentality