Holding Cold food
Do's and Don'ts of holding cold food
- Hold food at 41°F or lower before removing it from refrigeration
- Label food with the time you removed it from refrigeration and the time you must throw it out
- Make sure the food temperature doesn't exceed 70°F while its being served
- do not serve food that has exceeds 70°F when being served
Proper techniques to insure safety
- Maintain commercial refrigeration units at 40°F or cooler.
- Use food storage containers to keep foods fresh in extreme temperatures.
- Use shallow containers to allow foods to cool more evenly throughout.