Liberty Talent Insider
February 2022 Updates from our Talent Team
In this Issue...
What Makes LSC Different?
What's it like to be a scholar at LSC?
Meet one of our Founding Parents
Shereza Middleton & Ava Middleton – 6-Year-Old Founding Kindergarten Scholar
- What attracted you to LSC? My initial attraction was the freedom of choosing a public (in-person) school here in Sumter for my child to attend. Followed by the flexibility in curriculum, teaching models, classroom structure, and overall school culture.
- Why do you believe LSC is the best fit for your child(ren)? Ava has always had a passion for learning. I believe LSC can assist Ava to continue developing effective learning habits, skills, and the mindset that will build her social, emotional, and academic competence.
- What has your child(ren) enjoyed the most since attending LSC? Ava enjoys the unique personalized relationships with teachers and staff and learning Spanish phrases and vocabulary.
- What are you looking forward to the most about your child(ren) attending LSC? I look forward to building supportive relationships with staff and teachers that promote equity and transparency. It is important for Ava to continue acquiring skills in independence, problem-solving, and self-advocacy.
- What would you share with those looking to become involved with LSC by donating time or resources? Patience. First, Communicate your ideas and concerns. Then assess as a team on how your time or resources can be best effective to support LSC vision. At LSC, we understand the importance of building positive networks and how this impacts our children's education.
What's it like to be a part of the LSC team and family?
LSC founders are believers and fighters committed to giving children – no matter their socioeconomic status, ethnicity, or where they live – the tools needed to reach their full potential. To be "#LibertyStrong" means we are spending each and every day ensuring that, no matter what, our scholars are in an environment where they will develop good character, be challenged academically, and succeed on their road to and through college and career. LSC has committed itself to designing strong systems & structures that allow the best teachers to continually hone their craft. We invite you to join this dynamic movement!
CURRENT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Campus Operations Manager - Primary Academy (Start Date of Spring 2022)
2022-23 CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Vote LSC Best Elementary School of Sumter
We are excited to have been nominated for the Best Elementary School in the Best of Sumter contest. Click here to vote for LSC.
Meet our Dreamers
Read more about our Founding Board of Directors by clicking here.
As part of our unique educational model, we believe in more time on task so our scholars can achieve dramatic, off-the-record results. Click here to view the 2022-23 calendar.