Elementary Highlander Newsletter
Important Upcoming Dates
January 16 - PTO MeetingJanuary 17 - National Anthem at the Johnstown Tomahawks
January 20 - MLK Day No School
February 3-7 - School Counselor's Week (We love Mrs. Wargo!)
February 7 - SOAR Reward - Wear Your Pajamas for 3 Tartan Tickets
February 14 - Act 80 Day - No School for Students
February 20 - PTO Meeting
- The front doors do not open for students until 7:30 a.m.
- The first bus dismissal start at 2:35 p.m.
- Walkers and students getting picked up are dismissed at 2:45 p.m.
- Be sure to dress your child in appropriate clothing for the weather. Depending upon snow and temperatures, students will go outside for recess when possible.
- Contact the elementary main office if you have any contact information updates (new phone numbers, new addresses, new emergency contacts, etc.)
December Roles Models of the Month:
It's Okay to Be Bored!!
I'm sure you're heard your child say it, "I'm bored!" What you might not realize is that it's okay for your child to be bored. You don't have to plan and prepare an activity for every moment of your child's day. Properly supervised, yet unstructured, "boring time" might be what your child needs the most! Enjoy this article that goes into more detail about how boredom can be a positive thing.https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/02/opinion/sunday/children-bored.html