January 9, 2016
Second semester here we come. This year has progressed quickly, but it has gone very well because of the collective efforts of our awesome staff. It is with that in mind, that I am confident that this semester will be just as great.
I know you are focused on helping our students to reach their full potential and that you do will do so by continuing to build quality relationships with them. Thanks for all that you do every day
On Monday, January 9th, please follow this schedule:
During the homeroom time, please complete the following:
1. Hand out 2nd Semester student schedules.
2. Make sure students have received the registration booklet (in case they were late on Thursday when these were handed out during homeroom).
3. If students have a blank hour on their schedule, they will need to go to the Guidance office right away. If there is a mistake on a student's schedule, he or she should stop by the guidance office during passing period and pick up a yellow form.
Monday January 9th Schedule:
7:40-7:45 Passing Period
7:45-8:30 1st Hour
8:30-8:35 Passing Period
8:35-9:20 2nd Hour
9:20-9:25 Passing Period
9:25-10:07 3rd Hour
Regular Schedule the rest of the day
FEATURED STAFF MEMBER OF THE WEEK--5 QUICK FACTS
1. I have been married to my awesome husband, Dustin (a 95 FHN grad!), for 12 years.
2. We have 2 boys; DJ is 11 and Cole is 8. They both wrestle here at North for our little league program. They are both tough as nails and are determined to have their names on the wall in the wrestling room someday just like their dad!
3. If you know me, you know I run. I run a lot. My favorite thing ever to do is sign up for, train, and run marathons. (I've heard I might be slightly crazy)
4. Friday nights, you can find me at the bowling alley. Dustin and I have been bowling together for about 10 years on a league at Harvester lanes. One year, I even won the ladies highest average!
5. My favorite sport to watch is football, and I love the Pittsburgh Steelers!!!
Next up Bridgett Myers
- Congratulations to Anne Freeman, Shelly Parks and Tim Besse on being finalists for teacher of the year.
KNIGHTS @ 90: FHN finished 1st semester with 88.27% of students attending 90% of the time. Please take some time at the start of the new semester to reiterate the importance of being present. Remember the theme No More Than Four!
Below is the link for teachers to submit their Average Daily Attendance for the month of December. Thank you.
On January 17th let's celebrate hitting 80% participation on our Climate Survey. Wear jeans and your FHN T-shirt from the beginning of the wear. Thank you for your continued participation in the survey and in the discussions afterwards. As a team, we can continue to make FHN an even greater place to be!
As you prepare for 2nd semester, please review with your students the tardy policy, daily routines, and your classroom expectations, including electronic device use (when it is and is not acceptable to use them).
You can register now to attend “Classroom Uses for Google Suite,” which is being offered on Jan. 12, from 4:45-6:45 PM, in the Learning Commons at FHC. FHSD staff also have the opportunity to become Google Level 1 Certified by joining one of the Google Cohorts that are forming now. Registration for Google Cohorts closes Jan. 9, or when spaces are filled. To see a list of all the Semester 2 Tech PD options, click here. To register for one or more of these sessions, click here. ContactApril Burton with questions.
STAFF COMMITMENTS--TO BE REVISED
2016-2017 Staff Commitments to the Learning Environment
In order to improve the climate/environment at FHN, the staff commits to:
- building positive relationships with students and staff members.
- listening to the concerns of others and by helping to problem solve those issues.
- helping students to see the relationship between effort and success.
- being open-minded to new ideas.
- addressing any inappropriate behavior immediately to help set an expectation of appropriate hallway and classroom behavior.
- giving clear and consistent expectations for device use and by enforcing them.
- counting tardies consistently.
AP TEACHER MEETING
Thursday, Jan. 19th, 2:30pm
AP Teacher Meeting
We will be meeting to discuss the AP registration season quickly approaching (schedules, deadlines, student circumstances, funding, pre-administration, etc)